Got e-mailed this prayer request

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Hey,

I'm headed to go restore and repair the education system out in Koh Samui in Thailand. Currently I am under budget so would love to see if you have a platform to share my story to help raise funds!

WHY::

God has provided in ways that I can not even begin to thank him for. He has brought me out of nothing and given me more than I can ever even begin to imagine. I've found myself comfortable there for along time until he came in and through a year length trial and tribulation of struggles to remind me these gifts and abilities he's given me aren't even for our own sakes. We weren't brought here to selfishly fulfill ourselves. He has pulled me out of something to give me a fresh set of eyes (Mark 8)- I've been given these abilities ultimately to help others and here's how-

WHAT::
Next week, I'll be heading out to Thailand to help restore the education system and I can not do it without the love, emotional and financial support from others. If you do not have it in your heart to donate, please don't. I don't want obligatory donations. If you want to simply give me a pair of socks to send, a note, whatever to give these children I'd be happy to pass it along to them.

WHERE::
Most government run schools in Thailand suffer massively from underfunding. Thailand simply doesn’t have the available money required to keep education as its priority. Teaching materials are poor, computers are few and far between, lesson plans and curriculums suffer but most importantly so do the students.

When it comes to spending money, the maintenance of the buildings, classrooms, tables, chairs, canteen, bathrooms, playgrounds and buildings are often overlooked simply because there just isn’t enough money to go around. Classrooms don’t have enough tables or chairs for the students. Blackboards are worn out and can’t be used. Windows, doors and mosquito screens are missing. Playgrounds are a health and safety nightmare. It doesn’t take much to brighten up a classroom, replace a broken door hinge, construct a new blackboard or remove rusty nails from a child’s swing but schools need to prioritize their spending. Most of the population lives off of one dollar per day.

If you could please pass along my kickstarter would be greatly appreciated. I'd be happy to update all donors with letter/photos/etc. Also would behappy to elaborate on my trials and tribulation if necessary.

https://www.tilt.com/tilts/volunteer-funds-to-thailand

Thank you for your time and consideration.

God Bless,

Jessica Kirk