Today's meeting with the World Outreach Team

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Today we were given an opportunity to pitch our ministry to our church's World Outreach Team that helps fund various missionaries and charitable organizations in our community. They have been doing this for thirteen years and they told us that in that time, they have NEVER seen a ministry as unique as ours. So it's official, we're in a league of our own.

While they were really impressed with our presentation and can see that we're truly reaching and proclaiming God's word and truth to many, we still may not meet all of the requirements to gain their full support. They're still going to talk and pray about it some more before they give us a final answer one way or another.

The presentation itself went really well. Instead of the half-hour time slot we were initial given, we were granted an hour + due to another person not showing up because he just had a baby. Many questions were answered and it's pretty safe to say that we blew their minds with what we are doing and how we're reaching people all over the religious spectrum. They loved the quotes from believers and non-believers alike and really dug my response to the Christ fags tweet I got.

I think we left a good impression and it's clear that the Lord is working through us. I'm not sure if we're a good fit for them, but if we're not I hope we're a step closer to making connections with churches and ministries that are willing to partner with us. If this door closes, I'm sure God will open another one for us. He has yet to let us down. This situation is in His hands and I'm curious what He has in store for us.

Thank you everyone who has been in prayer for us!
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Have you heard anything from this yet?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Not from them no, I guess our pastor was briefed on the meeting and said they spoke highly about our presentation and that he's praying for us and will offer to help us with our mission trip funding if needed
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I heard that they will be discussing all of the applications this Saturday. Hopefully we'll hear back one way or the other soon. Prayers will be appreciated.
EchoDelta
Gamer
Gamer
Keeping you in prayer.
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
I smell progress!
It smells SOOOOOO sweet!
Continued prayers from me!
:clap:
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
EchoDelta
Gamer
Gamer
Continuing to pray. Any news of that meeting last Saturday?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
No news or application yet
lokik21
Continuing to pray. I saw you posted an updated Christ Center Gamer with a Registered sign on Facebook so I'm hoping that's a good step!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
was a necessary one, back in December someone used many of our images and made a ChristCenteredGamer twitter account. When I started following them and liking their tweets they realized that I was the rightful owner and cancelled their account. Next time it may not be an accident and we'll have legal ground to retaliate if someone steals our identity.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
We have a follow-up meeting with them tomorrow morning. Please pray for us that they consider supporting our ministry. I prepared another power point for a summary of this year so far. Not sure what they'll be expecting so prayers will be appreciated.
EchoDelta
Gamer
Gamer
Thanks for the update. Praying for a good outcome tomorrow.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Today's meeting went really well. As it turns out I didn't need the power point presentation I prepared. It was more of a casual conversation about how we are doing financially and what our goals and needs are. The team wanted to make sure that Jay and I were putting our family first and foremost above our ministry (we are!). We shared some of our progress and goals with them. We'll be invited back in January to hear the results. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers!