Prayer request - Surgery Recovery

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Camui
Noob
Noob
I had a major chest surgery in January of this year to repair a condition called "pectus excavatum". Basically, what pectus excavatum is is when your chest is growing inwards, causing a large dent or crater to appear in the front of your chest. The procedure I had done is the Nuss Procedure, where two incisions are made on either side of the chest under your arms, and two or more steel bars are placed to push the sternum outwards to the correct shape. In my case, I had two bars placed and they won't be coming out for three years. Recovery is going well, but is slow. I've been released by the doctor recently to do anything except contact sports, though I am still sensitive in my chest area. It used to be really tough for me to get to sleep, because I'm a stomach sleeper and I was forced to sleep on my back for three months. I'm still unable to be comfortable sleeping on my stomach at the moment. I thank God for my few but amazing friends that I have, and for all the prayer that was sent my way this year.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
praying for a quick recovery!
TheAlexTDB
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
I'm praying for you too, stay strong!
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Yachi_Bear
Noob
Noob
Camui wrote:I had a major chest surgery in January of this year to repair a condition called "pectus excavatum". Basically, what pectus excavatum is is when your chest is growing inwards, causing a large dent or crater to appear in the front of your chest. The procedure I had done is the Nuss Procedure, where two incisions are made on either side of the chest under your arms, and two or more steel bars are placed to push the sternum outwards to the correct shape. In my case, I had two bars placed and they won't be coming out for three years. Recovery is going well, but is slow. I've been released by the doctor recently to do anything except contact sports, though I am still sensitive in my chest area. It used to be really tough for me to get to sleep, because I'm a stomach sleeper and I was forced to sleep on my back for three months. I'm still unable to be comfortable sleeping on my stomach at the moment. I thank God for my few but amazing friends that I have, and for all the prayer that was sent my way this year.
Praying for you!
Brookelberrypie
Noob
Noob
You know I had another friend from another server just go through the same thing (assuming that's not you, and just on another site). I hope you heal quickly buddy. I'm a stomach sleeper too, I don't sleep well any other way so that would drive me crazy. It'll be worth it long term though :) Will be praying for you.