Prayer for Comfort in the Face of Loss

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Servant of the King
Are you human?: Yes!
Hey all,

Servant here. Sorry I've been away so long, but a lot of things have been keeping me from being an active part.

At about 4:40 or so today, we said goodbye to my wonderful cat, Maestro. I don't think there will ever be a cat quite like him ever again, but I take heart when I read a passage from Romans 8:20-21:

"For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God."

Between this and the great love God has for His creation ("Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father." --Matthew 10:29), it may very well be that Maestro is with his Maker in heaven right now, or that God will bring him back to life when he remakes the universe!

Still, every time I look at one of his toys or bowls, the tears start up again. Could you please pray for my family and me, that we would cling to Jesus Christ and not despair? Pray that we would grieve, but that we would not be completely broken by the passing of this great cat that the Lord blessed us with. Thank you all so much for your prayers!

May He be a light in dark places when all other lights go out,

Servant of the King
"There is therefore now no condemnation against those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set us free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death."
--Romans 8:1

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
awww so sorry for your loss, praying for you guys