Thanks, man!

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
While I was driving home last night, an odd vibration that had been happening in my car suddenly picked up in strength. I offered a prayer that I and the car would make it home safely. Then my left front tire blew.

Literally. This wasn't just a flat - the tread actually separated from the sidewall. The studded snow tire was pretty much shredded and smoking when I pulled over. And here I was hoping to get one more season out of those tires....

Not a big deal, really. I've had many flat tires before, so changing another one wasn't anything new.

Having a post snap off with the lug nut and getting stuck in my wrench was, though. I had managed to loosen three before that happened... and one of those was not the nut holding the doughnut in the trunk.

So here I am, stranded at the side of the road with a shredded tire and no working lug nut wrench. I gave my wife a call (fortunately, I was able to get a signal where I was - that isn't always the case in the Idaho woods), so she started bundling up the kids and headed out in the other car.

About 10 minutes after I called my wife, a nice guy with a long beard and his own car issues stopped to see if I needed help. I explained the situation, and fortunately, he had a wrench in his van. He helped me get my tire changed and I was limping along in no time. I stopped at the top of a hill to wait for my wife, and the guy stopped behind me - he had turned around to follow me to make sure I got home all right. I assured him that my wife was on the way to help out, so he left at that point.

So thanks to Heavenly Father for helping me get home safely, and I wish special blessings on the guy who helped me out! It sounded like he's had some rough patches in his life, so I hope my brief contact with him might turn out to be something beneficial in his life. :)
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Glad you got some help and that you lived to tell the tale, tire blowouts are scary indeed!