My dad passed away last night

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
EchoDelta
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
I knew in my heart he had less than a year left. I was going to fly down to California to see him next week. I had to before another round of foot surgeries beginning next month. He was 77. The doctors are saying minor heart attack due to the EKG results. But I know it was really Dementia and Parkinson's that got him. His condition deteriorated so quickly beginning in 2011. My sister said he held on long enough for her and her family to get to the emergency room, then he died. I'm still stunned. Please pray for our family.

I always loved MercyMe's song, Finally Home. It finally means something more now.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'm so sorry to hear that, keeping your family in my prayers
xallytha
Noob
Noob
Oh I am really sorry to hear. Praying and thinking of you as you walk through this difficult time. May you be surrounded by loving arms.
CubalayaBandit
Noob
Noob
I pray for you. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a parent. I hope God can bring you through this, and you can stay strong in him. :)
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Sorry man, you're in my prayers.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
EchoDelta
Gamer
Gamer
Much thanks for the prayers. Funeral service was nice. I was very impressed to see how the military went all out for my dad who served 20 years in the Navy. Doing better but I do have difficultly looking at pictures of him.
Ashton_Gigglez
Noob
Noob
I know it may be hard having someone who doesnt know you saying that they care and hope things get better for you but I truly do care and hope that you and your family find peace. I will be praying for you guys that you have peace and remember that all life on Earth is temporary but much better is yet to come. <3
Luxen
Noob
Noob
My condolences to you. I will keep you and your family in prayer.
EchoDelta
Gamer
Gamer
Thank you for the additional prayers. While the first month was difficult, this past Saturday was the 2nd month. I never mentioned this before. Three uncles on my dad's side have also died within the past year from complications of Dementia and diabetes. In December, a good friend I used to work with died as well. While death can be hard to accept, our family has and have moved on from this.

One of my best friend's and I spoke about death last week. He reminded me of Psalm 90:10

Our days may come to seventy years,
or eighty, if our strength endures;
yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow,
for they quickly pass, and we fly away.

Again, thank you for the prayers. We're good.
-Ed