I got my first job! =D

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
As it says, I got my first job! :mrgreen:

I am super duper uber excited and so nervous. I should start the 11th if I pass the drug test and background check. (Due to my colored past I am sure there will be debate :wink: )

Please pray that I be calm and not work myself into a frenzy of nervous excitement. Also, please pray that I would be a good testimony and witness at my job, taking every opportunity to tell my co-workers the Good News. Also, please pray that if it is the Lord's will that all things would concerning the job would be worked out calmly and without issue.

For those wondering the job is at Cub Foods working in maintenance, I will be a part time worker earning money. (Not mangos like you expected.)

Thank you so much! :mrgreen:
This is my signature
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Congratulations!
I'll be praying for you! :)
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Congrats! Praying.
UsagiGlen
Noob
Noob
You don't earn mangos? Aw. XD lol But seriously, this sounds like a good thing in your life. Praying for you to get that job. If you don't get it, believe that the Lord has his own idea of what should happen next. :) His plans are always good. It's a win-win situation!
Praise
Noob
Noob
That is wonderful! I will be praying for you. I actually prayed for you last night. You are a good Christian young man and I know God can use you to help others. Pray for my son. He needs a job, too. Glory to God!!
Praise
Noob
Noob
Opp! I was a bit mixed up when I posted yesterday. I don't you but glad for you. First jobs can be exciting. Hope all goes well. :D And I will say a prayer for you!
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Thank you friends! :D

I have my drug test today, it should be just fine.
I will start orientation on the 11th if everything goes well and the world doesn't blow up.

Please keep praying for me, I am still a bit nervous about... everything.

Thank you so much! :D
This is my signature
UsagiGlen
Noob
Noob
Ok, I'll pray the world doesn't blow up. :) Kidding lol I'll be serious about it xD
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
prayin!
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
HALLELEUJAH! I passed the drug test. (Phew! I was really worried)

I signed all the forms, read all the policies, hopefully, there should be no issue at all. I have orientation from 5-9 P.M. on Tuesday, I am still incredibly nervous and excited. Like I am going to throw up a leprechaun riding a rainbow unicorn. (Bad analogy I realize, but hey, leprechauns and unicorns are exciting!)

Please, please, please keep praying for me. I appreciate that you have been kind and faithful in doing so already!

Thank you! :mrgreen:
This is my signature
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Why were you worried?

Praying
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Hahaha!
I'm sorry CCGR, I was being sarcastic, it doesn't translate well onto the internet. My apologies, I wasn't worried about the drug test at all, there is no secret addiction I don't want coming out. :wink:
This is my signature
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
PLEEEEEEEEEEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!
Pray for moi. I had my in-store orientation this evening. It was very interesting. Lots of paper signing, reading, watching videos. I also met my supervisor and a few of my co-workers, most noticeable thing is that they are gruff and seem to have little hold on their language.
Please pray for me that I would not conform to their way of life, rather that I would be stronger in my faith, that I would have a stronger Christ-like character that clearly shows.
Please just pray for me, to be a willing and kind worker, to be a willing and knowledgeable testimony to my co-workers, that I would not worry about any thing, that I would put my trust and faith in Jesus Christ to work it out according to His will for me.

Thank you very much! :D
This is my signature
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
praying
UsagiGlen
Noob
Noob
I can remember being invited to a strip club by my coworkers at an arcade once. They meant well, and were trying to be nice to me. xD lol But yeah it's certainly... different trying to get along with people from the world. xD I'm praying that your character will remain centered on what God values, not what your coworkers value.