Prayer for a Friend's Salvation

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Servant of the King
Are you human?: Yes!
Hi everyone,

Could you pray for a friend of mine, "J," whom I am about to send a message to concerning the Gospel and why it's important for him? He's an atheist, but his grandfather was a pastor, so there may yet be a solid Christian influence somewhere in his family that could also tell him about who Jesus Christ is. At any rate, please pray for the opening of his eyes and his salvation, and also that God would give me the right words to say to him. He needs God more than he could possibly realize, but he's being blinded to the truth by the fun things of this world.

Thanks,

Servant of the King
"There is therefore now no condemnation against those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set us free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death."
--Romans 8:1

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Praying, let us k now how it goes
TheAlexTDB
Minecraft Server Admin
I would talk to him about it, but if he is not interested at all (and maybe getting annoyed) I wouldn't keep pressing him about it (to me it seems like it would make the person even more resistant toward God). This is my advice coming from a "reshaped" mind... Talk to the guy, if he doesn't want to hear just go on living and giving him an example of how God changed your life, and letting the Holy Spirit take control. If he DOES listen I think you can take it from there, praying for you tonight.
Servant of the King
Thanks for your prayers, all! I prayed and sent the e-mail, and, thanks be to God, his response came back without any hostility or anger! However, while he did not completely reject and despise the message of Jesus, he didn't really address the Gospel directly. I led into talking about the Lord by gently explaining why I didn't want any part of a game that contained a "goddess," and he seemed to focus more on my own preferences than the actual message of the Gospel. Sadly, I think that he's the kind of person who agrees with the statement "whatever is good for you is good for you, and whatever is good for me is good for me."

Please continue to pray that the Lord will open up my friend's eyes to see and understand that there really is an absolute, unchanging, utterly incomparable God, and that His almighty wrath will be poured out on all who reject Him if they don't believe, love and follow Jesus Christ!

Thanks again,

Servant of the King
"There is therefore now no condemnation against those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set us free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death."
--Romans 8:1

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Awesome, thanks for the update! Continuing prayers!
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
I will be praying too.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
amberchick
Location: In the shadows of shadows........ the shadows in SA, Texas
Praying
My name? I am.... THE CRAZY WEATHERMAN!!! The coolest weatherman out there...... 8)
I hide in the shadows of shadows...... 8) wait, how do you hear me? :silent:

Benjamen shot himself in the head-
http://www.christcenteredgamer.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=24302

To donate to Benjamen's cause-
http://www.gofundme.com/x57d8c