Coming to Christ

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Sacntus_Incendia
Noob
Noob
As a form of praise, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing how he or she came to Christ, and if you want stories of success and/or challenges faced after becoming involved in the faith? I think it would be really inspiring for fellow believers and people looking for faith and hope :)
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Great topic suggestion!

I was raised Catholic so I was always familiar with the Bible and Jesus. In junior high we were learning about the crusades and inquisition and that got me thinking that Catholicism may not be for me. I started reading other materials that made me doubt many of their doctrines and teachings. Instead of drawing me away from religion entirely these drew me into a closer and more personal relationship with Christ. It was my faith and not my family's. At 15 accepted Christ as my Lord and savior. At first my family thought it was just a phase but after seeing various changes in my life (no more cussing pirating etc) they accepted it. While I was still living with my dad I would go to two churches on Sunday, mine and his. When IBJamon and I got engaged we got baptized together, that was pretty cool. :) God has been the foundation of our relationship and I learned the hard way how important that is. My previous engagement to a non-believer didn't last.
Avinson
Noob
Noob
ccgr wrote:Great topic suggestion!

I was raised Catholic so I was always familiar with the Bible and Jesus. In junior high we were learning about the crusades and inquisition and that got me thinking that Catholicism may not be for me. I started reading other materials that made me doubt many of their doctrines and teachings. Instead of drawing me away from religion entirely these drew me into a closer and more personal relationship with Christ. It was my faith and not my family's. At 15 accepted Christ as my Lord and savior. At first my family thought it was just a phase but after seeing various changes in my life (no more cussing pirating etc) they accepted it. While I was still living with my dad I would go to two churches on Sunday, mine and his. When IBJamon and I got engaged we got baptized together, that was pretty cool. :) God has been the foundation of our relationship and I learned the hard way how important that is. My previous engagement to a non-believer didn't last.

Thanks for sharing. Praise God & may His will and blessing be with your union always.