My grandmas

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
So, one of my grandma's has been battling cancer (quite successfully--she's a feisty one) for the last several months. She just had a surgery that went quite successfully and was much, MUCH less invasive and extensive than originally expected. I meant to post a prayer for that, and maybe I did and totally forgot about it, but life gets a little crazy. :P Regardless, she's coming home soon.

Now, my other grandma is in the hospital. A small heart attack led to the discovery of almost every major blood vessel coming in and out of her heart being severely clogged. She'll undergo surgery to undo that and to replace a bad valve in the next couple days (pretty major surgery), if she chooses to. By that, I mean that the doctors are relying entirely on her backing of the surgery and her will to live and fight through the recovery, because if that is nonexistent.... she'll die. no question. The thing is, if she doesn't have the surgery... she'll die. no question. Added on top of this is the fact that this grandma is my dad's mom and it gets worse, because his dad just died a month or so ago. (his parents were long divorced, so her health isn't related to giving up life after his death, or at least that's what I would assume)

So, yeah. I'm going to visit her tomorrow and probably take my sister (virmara/PrincessPiddles, as you guys may know her) to see her before her big surgery and hope for the best.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
praying, please keep us posted
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Praying for them Souperman.
jester747
Forum Moderator
Ima pray dewd.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
Praying
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
My grandma who had cancer had her biopsies around the removed area come back negative, and the one who had a heart attack and a surgery is in recovery doing pretty well. :)
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Sweet deals. ^_^
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
great news, thanks for the update!
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
If you guys could pray that we can get the grandma currently in the hospital into a nursing home, that'd be awesome. She lived in a trailer and my dad (along with 3 of his siblings) moved out a pile of random stuff taller than I am out of it... she spends all of her money away when she's by herself and we don't think she can take care of herself anymore.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Praying!
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
praying!
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
Praying
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Praying.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Heart-surgery-Grandma has a small leak around one of the arteries where they operated. It's small enough that they'll monitor if it heals on its own before taking action.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
praying