The awkward times; she comes.

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
So there's a long story and stuff I've forgotten (or never knew) behind this, but my eldest sister basically cut all ties to our entire family and told us not to contact her anymore about a decade ago...long time. There's other stuff too, that I need not get into, but it's no fun.

Anyway, I recently applied to college and had to put an audition video up on Youtube. In a burst of courage, I made the video public instead of private, and it went viral within my family on Facebook. Some of which were friends with my sister (she's been coming back into the outside edges of our family over the past few years, but not with me or my parents) and she saw the video and contacted me, wanting to get to know me.

The thing is, she crushed my parents when she left. Me too, but only in the adoring little brother way. I have forgiven her for this...but it's still just...it's weird, OK? XD I need wisdom or something. My parents actually want me to have a good relationship with her, but it's hard since I don't want to hurt them anymore, but I also want to rift in mah fambly to heal.

I told her that I wanted to get to know her (over E-mail) better, and sent her my address. Haven't heard back yet...I'm rambling, I know, but my thoughts won't shift into a coherent line. Please pray for my family, I guess. I'd like nothing more than for her to 'come back' and be a part of it again...but I don't want to hurt my parents.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
The story of the prodigal son comes to mind. If she wants to re-establish a relationship I'd try to mend things. If your parents want you to have a good relationship I think they'd be okay with it..and who knows perhaps after your relationship gets restored your parents relationship will be next.

This is coming from a person whose mother ran off and I chose to mend things than hold a grudge. It was worth it.
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
ccgr wrote:The story of the prodigal son comes to mind. If she wants to re-establish a relationship I'd try to mend things. If your parents want you to have a good relationship I think they'd be okay with it..and who knows perhaps after your relationship gets restored your parents relationship will be next.

This is coming from a person whose mother ran off and I chose to mend things than hold a grudge. It was worth it.

I agree, praying.
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
I will be praying for your family.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I'm hoping that's how it'll work out.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
praying regardless :)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I appreciate it...I don't really know her anymore, and don't tend to have very high people skills. XD
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Praying!
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
jester747
Forum Moderator
Brah, Ima pray for yeh.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
praying
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested