1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.
2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.
3) Please be respectful of others.
4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.
5) No racial comments, jokes or images
6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace
7) No Duplicate posts
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:38 am
The One Ring is a Middle Earth rpg based in the period between The Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings (some call it a trilogy). Unlike other systems (there is an alternative called Adventures in Middle Earth AiME that is based off of the D&D 5e ruleset) TOR is more about lore & roleplaying than anything else. There is combat, but you may go a session or two between battles. It has a great "Shadow" system that keeps players from becoming evil (whenever they do something bad, or a 'misdeed', they gain a shadow point, too many of those and there are very bad consequences) which is great. Since Tolkien was a Christian and many of the things that happen in Middle Earth carry Christian principles, it's a great land to start your first adventures in.
Due to the recent humble bundle of TOR I picked up the books & we got a group together to play. It was my first experience doing a table top rpg. For our first session another guy was the LM but it didn't work so well, so for our second session I took over LoreMaster (LM). It was a very interesting experience & I'm looking forward to the next time we play.
Does anyone else here play TOR? Have any experience with it?
- Site Admin
- Posts: 28057
- Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 12:00 am
- Are you human?: Yes!
- Location: IL
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:11 am
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest