Is this thing on...

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
delve
Are you human?: Yes!
Right now? EVO >.>
lol

If I try a little harder... crud. I used to know just the perfect game to reference. It'd blow your mind. But now I've lost it >:(
Basically it involved hunting aliens in a... I think it was a 4 dimensional space or perhaps a space defined by a Fourier transform. Anyway, either I don't remember the premise well enough to do the right searches or it's dropped off the internet. Certainly the places I immediately think to look for traces of it no longer exist. :(

Suffice to say that it was a really weird 'game' built by a math professor for some obscure reason. It wasn't entirely 'fun' but it was quite interesting. Basically you wave the mouse around watching how the field changed and used that to intuit where the 'alien ships' were. Once you hovered over it you 'destroyed' it and earned some points. Each round had more ships to find and, I think, a shorter timer.

A fun little game that I found around the same time period is called Survival Crisis Z. It's also a bit off-the-wall, but a little closer to mainstream and actually quite interesting to play. It's decidedly violent and a touch gory though in a typical low-fi zombie apocalypse way.
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
That sounds very interesting. I'll be checking out that zombie game as well.

Hopefully you'll find that game though. It took me a while to find most of the games I remembered loving as a kid. Lots of people helped me on that.

Like, for instance, I remember playing the first King's Quest a lot as a kid on my friends old IBM. I was surprised to find that game was very popular.

.. King's Quest?
delve
Preferred Hero's Quest personally. Later renamed Quest for Glory due to trademark shennanigans
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Ah, it was for trademark. I was wondering, because I swore I was playing Hero's Quest. What a fantastic game.
My dad still has the original floppies for it.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
delve
Yeah. I'm not a lawyer but that's my understanding

edit: there's aboard game by the name Hero Quest, hence the trademark violation. Also not a bad game but the Sierra PC game is superior by far
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Blinding eyes?
delve
OH NOES! There goes more of my productivity!
Chozon1 wrote:Blinding eyes?
Makes me think of Fire Eyes or cats caught in flash photography.
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
I'll definitely check that out.

Ever hear of the game Tokyo Jungle? That's a very unique game.
delve
I haven't heard of it. Got a link?
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
It's a PS3 exclusive (PSN game). I'm not sure if you own one, but yeah.

Here's a quote from Wikipedia:
Tokyo Jungle has two modes: Story and Survival.

In Story mode, the player plays through missions centered around various animals. Eventually, the player will discover the truth behind humankind's disappearance. Pomeranian dogs are key characters in the story, as well as a Sika deer, beagle, Tosa Inu, spotted hyena, lions, and a pair of robotic dogs similar to AIBO.

In Survival mode, the player, or players (there is a local multiplayer), takes control of an animal and fights for survival against other animals for as long as possible. Tokyo Jungle has online leaderboards so the players can compare their survival skills against one another. Smaller animals will fight in groups, and the player's group can win fights against larger animals as long as one member of the group survives the fight.

The player will have to build up a pack of animals. This is easier for some herbivores, which means the player may not necessarily be at a disadvantage even if they choose a weaker type.
Gnome globe current event.

There are 50 breeds and 80 types of animals expected to be in the game. Animals confirmed for Tokyo Jungle include Pomeranians, lions, crocodiles, tigers, giraffes, hippos, cheetahs, chimpanzees, gazelles, chickens, beagles, Dilophosauruses, hyenas, Deinonychus, and Sika deer. As the player plays through the game, additional playable animals will be unlocked.

There are other animals which are available for the player to download as downloadable content from the PlayStation Store, which include an Australian Silky Terrier, a Smilodon, an AIBO, a Peking Man, a (human) office worker, white and black Pomeranians, a cat, a panda, a crocodile, a kangaroo, and a giraffe.
Gameplay:
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
If you had to give me a list of must-play games, what would it be?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
delve
Blue wrote:It's a PS3 exclusive (PSN game). I'm not sure if you own one, but yeah.
I don't but that does sound interesting & weird.
ArchAngel wrote:If you had to give me a list of must-play games, what would it be?
Hm. I'm going to assume you're looking for my VG DNA, as it were, rather than things I think you specifically should play based on your personal preference. In no particular order then

MoO 2
Disciples 2
FF 3/6
Civ 2
Doom 3
Thief 1 & 2 (3 was a serious letdown)
Dishonored (both routes, it seems a seminal work to me)
Terraria
Minecraft (yes both, they're very different in more than just visual fidelity)
Legend of Grimrock
Rez
Penumbra (or Amnesia, but Penumbra worked better for me)
Hero's Quest (Quest for Glory) 1&2 (the original CLI; none of this fancy mouse interface business!)

I'm sure as soon as I hit submit I'll think of something else that should be on there but... oh well.
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
Penumbra
Running out of the room in fear?
Spoiler:
I did. When you see that white pasty guy for the first time. Had a panic attack.

Also.. that scene where there is someone behind a door and they throw the top part of their head at you. I was honestly sick to my stomach.

Great game! I don't think I'll ever beat it unless I want a heart attack.
True story.
Spoiler:
I beat Overture... Wow, that game messes with your psychologically. I only recall seeing dogs and a huge worm.
delve
Blue wrote: Running out of the room in fear?
Nahh. But I had to pause it and remind myself, sometimes continuously, that it's just a computer game and I can just reload if I need to
>.>
<.<
O.O

Yes, Frictional has a talent for horror suspense. Those games are really good, though Amnesia struck me as a touch too long. Perhaps a little too much 'filler.'