Is this thing on...

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
delve
Are you human?: Yes!
or am I doing it wrong?

No, wait, I'm supposed to let y'all ask the questions. Right. >.>
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
Awesome!

Favourite game of all time?
delve
Ach. No softball questions from this crowd XD

I'll narrow it down to 2. Final Fantasy 3(6) and Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past. FF7 runs a close second, and there are countless games I come back to every few years for a replay.
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
I love Link to the Past. I played it much later (less than a year ago) and I fell in love with it.

Though, it's hard for me to say it's the best Zelda ever. I can't say it's second best either. So I usually just say it's tied with Ocarina as the best.

I'm the opposite with Metroid though, I love Super move than Prime. I'm very vocal about that. XD

Oh, and I said this in another thread, but I've never beat FF VI. Seriously, I really have to. I've always gotten really far and then something would happen that would make me forget about the game and I'd be worried to come back because I forgot the story.
delve
I find that the story typically comes back pretty easily once I start playing. But that's me.

Link to the Past over Ocarina because I played it more and it hit me during a much more impressionable age. Ocarina was good, yes, but it failed to bring the same oomph. Unfortunately the N64 never really took hold for me and neither have any of the other Nintendo systems so I haven't played any Zeldas between Ocarina and Skyward Sword (which gets a pretty big 'meh' from me for fiddly controls).

Super Metroid is the best. I think I've got Other M at home but have hardly bothered to play it. The Wii controls are just waaaaaaay too fiddly for me. Or else I have horribly bad controllers.
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
Yeah, one of the main reasons why I wasn't too much into gaming on my Wii was the Wii mote itself. I dislike motion controls. Ahem, I really dislike motion controls.

For me, Link to the past has the best soundtrack (I prefer LTTP Lost Woods over OOT) and gameplay (Z targeting kinda sucked), but Ocarina has the best story and dungeon design. Put them together and you'd probably get the best Zelda game ever.

Nice to see you like Super Metroid. I seriously adore that game. I have the urge to replay it right now even. Though, for Prime, it feels like a chore to get back to it. I think it's the backtracking that I really dislike. It's still a great game though, a great 2nd place game. :P

Favourite boss in Super Metroid?
delve
Haven't played it in aaages. I'll call Mother Brain though simply for the awesome story sequences.
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
Oh yeah, I loved how that scene went. Such an amazing game.

My favourite has to go to Kraid. Blew me away.

What type of music do you like?
delve
A bit of this and a bit of that. Since outlets like GOG and the various bundles have started making game soundtracks incredibly easy to get hold of I've mostly been listening to those lately.

Otherwise I like some rock, some classical, a dash of rap, and all sorts of weirder stuff in between. Anything with a fast beat is liable to pass muster. About the only thing I typically can't listen to much of is country.
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
Nice. I'm sorta all-around too but I prefer rock over everything. I hate a strong hatred for techno and anything similar to it. >_>

Office Space? (I LOVE THAT MOVIE, and Mike Judge is awesome)
delve
<points to avatar image>
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
Yeah that's why I brought it up. :)

Great movie. Definitely one of the best comedies I've ever watched.

King of the Hill?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
cats or dogs?
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
What do you do for a living?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
delve wrote:I haven't played any Zeldas between Ocarina and Skyward Sword (which gets a pretty big 'meh' from me for fiddly controls).
:o
Well, If you happen to have a system that can play Wind Waker,
I would suggest giving that one a try sometime. :)

Super Smash Bros.?
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.