We all know how it happened, but we OPs have done everything in our power to fix the issue, including multiple roll-backs. The current major issues with the server map are the following:
- 1) Loading of chunks is insanely long. I have stood floating for approximately 30 seconds or more just to load the map.
2) Because of the chunk load times, players who warp to any location will find themselves falling into the void more often than not.
3) The use of redstone buttons, levers, switches, and doors are lagging so badly, that it often takes a player a few tries to get something simple to work. Specifically, I can't even test my redstone traps in my Castle Wars castle because when I hit the switch, it's insanely long for the action to take effect, which makes timing of traps impossible.
4) Players are losing interest QUICKLY and often logg out within a few minutes of gameplay because of the lag.
Now, what do we do about this?
Unfortunately, at this point, I can see no other option but to start a new map. The poll I've made will help me to help us decide whether or not this is the best solution for us all. So, please vote. Please state your feelings! If you don't, please do not come crying to me, stating that something is 'unfair' when the new map comes live.
Here's my proposed solution:
1) We can use the same seed (I do believe), which will help everyone out to find their spots again.
2) Castle Wars castles will be transfered to there current locations on the new map (which would be the same as our current one).
3) If you have a MAJOR PROJECT that has taken over the span of literal months (2 months or more) to make, I will consider it something worthy to be taken to the new map. No questions asked. I will also do my best to transfer these structures to their current location on the new map, so that it will be familiar to you when you see it again. All other structures around spawn would be scratched.
4) If you are on a Castle Wars team, then I would suggest that you move ALL of your most valuable possessions to your Castle Wars Castle, so that it can be saved to the new map.
5) For those not ON a Castle Wars team, ask a Castle Wars team captain if you can transfer your stuff to chests within a location on their grounds as a temporary solution to your great loss. I will give OPs permission to spawn chests and signs for this purpose, to make this much less painful!
6) If you're currently working on your super project, or your Castle Wars project, and we pass this vote for a new map, then I would ask that you CEASE BUILDING after this coming Sunday, June 17, 2012. If you do, you will lose your work in the new map. I will download the current world, and begin the work of adding these Castle Wars Castles + Super Projects to the new map starting next Monday. I will be taking requests for the Super Projects this week during the vote. I will then upload the Super Projects lastly onto the map, and then transfer the new map to the server for ccgr to install.
7) PLEASE provide the coordinates of your structures in a PM to myself only AFTER I've ok'd the structure for transfer. I don't want to be flooded with PM's, so ONLY those that have been selected for transfer will be brought over. Sorry in advance that I can't take all of it over!
Think about your answer before you respond to this please. Also, think about what's best for everyone, and for keeping the population of this server in a growing, healthy state. Let's try not to make our postings into a blame game as well guys. Thanks, and happy posting!