Live your games?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Have you ever enjoyed a video game so much that you wished it were real life? And that you were the star? I just read a neat article about a person who did just that.

The game was Stardew Valley and after playing it for 120 hours, one player decided to buy his own farm and give it a shot himself. You can read the article here, if you want to know more.

Our own review was posted recently, here. And I can't say that I followed the same route. But I do live on about two acres of property, and we own chickens and rabbits. We have some fruit trees as well (our apple tree died last year, though :( ) and I would like to turn the lawn into a garden. So in some regard I can relate to the farming lifestyle - and that could be why I enjoyed Stardew Valley so much!

So what about you? Have any video games inspired you to change anything in your real life?
ZanySauce
Gamer
Gamer
Yes! When I was very young, but 6 or 7 I obsesses with tropical fish. I loved video games having to do with fish such as Insaniquarium Deluxe and Feeding Frenzy. And so, my parents bought me my own aquarium to have in my room. I had many generations of fish that came and went in that aquarium, and I named each one. However, I have unfortunately forgotten most of their names. I'm pretty Ural, the gray one that lived the longest was a cannibal... lol!

When I was little I also played Viva Pinata, which is a game about raising a garden full of living pinatas. Even though I wasn't into gardening in real life, I think it helped me become a very analytical person, as you had to know the stats and specifics of each pinata in order to gain experience and advance. It also encouraged me plan out my gardens, which also helped me to become analytical, and maybe a little CDO too. I think the game's zany nature is what rubbed off on me the most, though!

And as for Minecraft, from the beginning I was absolutely fascinated by redstone, which encouraged me to understand and pursue how electronics in our world worked as well. With the analytical nature that I gained from Viva Pinata, Minecraft was the perfect match for me! Minecraft encouraged me to pursue construction, computer programming and engineering in real life.
AKA ZanyAmoeba :mrgreen:

Ask Amoeba is now officially defunct. Sorry :(

Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 NLT
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
I have always enjoyed the Harvest Moon games. (And certainly Stardew as well.)
While I wouldn't really want to own a farm, I do enjoy gardening. :)
This year I actually decided to fulfill my dream of growing turnips. (A Harvest Moon classic.)

Games have certainly inspired me in many ways though, like to learn programming, story writing, making music, etc.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I graduated from playing Rockband to Rocksmith :)
J.K. Riki
After playing Zelda and Pokemon Go when I would see an animal out in the real world I kept wanting to either take a picture of it for my compendium or catch it. :P

I remember when I wanted to own a farm. Then I volunteered for a summer at a local farm and THAT certainly cleared up my delusions that farm work would be fun, ha ha.