What was the last game you played?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
FamilyFriendlyGaming
Epic Mickey.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
oooh! how is it?
FamilyFriendlyGaming
ccgr wrote:oooh! how is it?
Epic.

A lot different from what was shown at E3, but also very similar. The whole painting and removing paint work great. There are a lot of quests to perform, and the game lets you figure out ways of completing the tasks. Usually it involves removing paint, or adding paint. Removing paint can do a lot of things. For example there is a pile of rocks in the way, well remove the paint on the floor and they fall down. Paint the floor again and you can now cross.

Enemies can be hit with paint thinner or paint which stops them. How you play affects the game. I defeated a boss recently and after beating him my paint thinner bar was increased since I used that more than paint. I am now working on painting more to get that beefed up when I get the next opportunity. The whole removing paint helps with secret areas. Thing is not everything can be thinned or painted so I have had to experiment a lot.

The mini levels between levels are like playing in old black and white cartoons (side scrolling), and are a nice diversion. Directly going after the enemies is not always the wisest course of action. One time I was trying to thin four bad guys who were draining away my life quickly. I accidentally missed them and hit the floor. Well the floor vanished and they dropped into paint thinner. I felt so stupid for not thinking of that before. Epic Mickey makes you think about things in different ways.

Lots of secrets and unlockables. Plenty of older Disney characters that have not been seen in a long time.
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
DA:O- Awakening.

Game took a turn towards almost unplayable again. Lost all my stuff so now I have to see if I can find some unofficial fix and see if I can actually use it (someone was saying about having to go back to an older patch to get the fix to work and I'm not sure what steam will do with that). The combat is continually ridiculous. Backstabs are inconsistent, allies just stand around while you get mauled, or jump into combat when they're supposed to be holding their ground (no easy way to turn off tactics so my ranged rogue immediately starts shooting stuff when I want him to wait for everyone else to get set up). And Awakening doesn't have the good part of a decent story.
"Love is immortal... Too bad you aren't." Magoichi Saika (Samurai Warriors 2)
GarthVader
VIP Member
VIP Member
A little bit of Amnesia: Dark Descent, before I peed my pants.

Then some Madden 07 to lighten the mood. I don't lose, but I can't pass to save my life. :roll:
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Mafia 2

Much better than I expected, but certainly flawed, as well. I've been pretty impressed as to where the story takes me, and the obvious (and not-so-obvious) nods to famous gangster films, both in set pieces and dialogue.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Star Wars: Republic Commando.

Frankly, and even Stevely, Bobly, and Antonioly, this game makes my "Best games of Forever" list. :D Unashamedly.

It's like...no other game out there. No other squad based shooter comes close, in my estimation.

It's the Second Sight of FPS squad based. Supremely awesome, tragically underrated.
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Yeah I would kill for a Republic Commando 2. Well maybe not kill, but I would REALLY REALLY like another one. :lol:
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
I'd kill for it. For that matter I'd slowly torture someone to death for it. -- is this really necessary? - CCGR

Just played a bit of RepCom since Chozon brought it up.

Owned some Rusky fools online.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Vastar...almost have it beat
epsons
VIP Member
VIP Member
Some more GTAIV, to slowly but surely get the alternate ending. :P
Drewsov wrote:Mafia 2

Much better than I expected, but certainly flawed, as well. I've been pretty impressed as to where the story takes me, and the obvious (and not-so-obvious) nods to famous gangster films, both in set pieces and dialogue.
Nice, let me know what you think of it once you're finished. :)

Also, don't buy the dlc.
"I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose."
GarthVader
VIP Member
VIP Member

Ooh, I loved Mafia 2. The story really drew me in and the connection I felt with the characters was pretty great. It was a bit shorter than I was hoping, but overall it's fantastic.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
epsons wrote:Some more GTAIV, to slowly but surely get the alternate ending. :P

Nice, let me know what you think of it once you're finished. :)

Also, don't buy the dlc.
Will do. I rented it for the purpose of reviewing, so I won't be getting DLC. :P Thanks for the tip, though, and I'll let you know what I think.
GarthVader wrote:Ooh, I loved Mafia 2. The story really drew me in and the connection I felt with the characters was pretty great. It was a bit shorter than I was hoping, but overall it's fantastic.
Yeah, I've had it for all of three days, and I'm almost done.

I really love the supporting cast and the story (so far). But as for Vito? Not a big fan. He doesn't feel as fleshed out as he could have, I don't think.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
Xenosaga Episode I

Unfortunately I may be in a bit of a bad spot with it. While the game entertained me greatly the first couple times around, this time I find myself less enchanted with it. I managed to play through most of it before Reach came out and then got sidetracked. Now I have to try to get back into it. The goal is to eventually play through Episode III which I got not too long ago. However I still have to go through Episode II while I had to struggle through the first time.
"Love is immortal... Too bad you aren't." Magoichi Saika (Samurai Warriors 2)
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Modern Warfare 2

It may not be as balanced as Black Ops but I enjoy it more.