Twilight Imperium

For any and all pen and paper RPG discussions and games.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I've been looking at this game and it looks wicked awesome. I am completely in love with massive 4X space strategy games like Master of Orion and this looks like a pretty good translation into the board game medium. Apparently, this game can even go on for days.

I was wondering if any of you fine fellows have played this before and what were your thoughts?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
selderane
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
I've seen it on the shelf of my FLGS, but I've never looked at it. Board games are hard to get my friends into, and my wife. If I were to really push a board game, I'm most interested in Arkham Horror.
Everything above this sentence is opinion and worth precisely what was paid for it.
Everything below this sentence is indisputable fact as verified by scientists, philosophers, scholars, clergy, and David Bowie.

If Star Wars: Destiny is a CCG, X-Wing is an LCG.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
It's definitely hard to find people willing to give board games a real chance, but you can see it take off with them once they do. It's such visceral social gaming.

One of my worries if I get is that people will not be willing to put in the time investments. Everybody seems to shun Risk and Monopoly because of time, but this would make Risk look like a sprint game.

And yes, Arkham Horror looks pretty sweet.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim