FANTASY GROUNDS VIRTUAL TABLE TOP!

For any and all pen and paper RPG discussions and games.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
So last night my old buddy from California texted me at 11pm asking if I wanted to play some pathfinder on his virtual tabletop. I said "heck yes" and we gamed for like 4 hours. I'm super tired today but with all of that said I'm thinking of breaking for an ultimate license ($140). It's expensive but to say the least the controls are sexy. It does all of the math for you, easy integration of tokens and maps, and all the rules for 3.5, pathfinder and 4e are included. You can also by other rulesets for other genres (Like Savage Worlds or Castles & Crusades). I would really love to try out C&C on the virtal tabletop. I haven't played it before, but C&C is a oldschool variant much like D&D (1st ed). Savage Worlds is one of the the best mechanic systems I've ever played and it goes between genres quite seamlessly. It's a D6 system that works so well. Similar to Vampire in it's mechanics but it has it's own way of doing things. I played some Weird West stuff with it (think steampunk cowboys). It was AMAZING!

All this to say, if I buy it (or get it for christmas!!!!) I may be transferring the RoA game to that system and we can play with the smoothest virtual tabletop I've ever laid mine eyes upon.

WHAT SAY YE PEOPLE OF CHRISTCENTEREDGAMER?!
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Nice! Have you used roll20 before? I'd like to hear your opinion on Fantasy Grounds vs. Roll20.

I am totally stoked about getting RoA back up and running, too.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
I have yet to try out Roll 20 but I was hoping to watch the next game you guys do so I can understand how it works. I want to make a character but I'm not sure really what to do at the moment. I haven't played 2nd ed in about 10 years or so.
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Roll a char! We'd love to have you.
Currently, we have 2 mages, 2 clerics, a pally and a thief. And no dwarfs.
So, there's definitely room for you.
It's many of our first times with 2nd edition, so don't worry about being rusty on it.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
If you like, get set up with Roll 20 and we can connect sometime and I'd be happy to help you roll up a character.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Arctic, that would be awesome. Let me know when you would like to do that. We can talk via skype too if that would be easier.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
fathom123 wrote:Arctic, that would be awesome. Let me know when you would like to do that. We can talk via skype too if that would be easier.
Either way is cool, though if we do Roll20 I can help you get setup using the Google hangout that's integrated with it. Our first session was spent mostly shaking the bugs out. I'm on a long holiday weekend so it'll be pretty easy to pick a time. ANy day work best for you?
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
I just bought the 2nd ed player's handbook off of amazon. I think that some time this weekend would be great. Perhaps sunday?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Sure. Evening ok?
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Evening will work great!
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
So, Fathom, what are your thoughts on Fantasy Grounds vs. Roll20?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Roll 20 works pretty well but fantasy grounds is still better. You have to pay for it but its worth the money, in my opinion.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Cool, I look forward to trying it one of these days!
Pew Pew Pew. Science.