"Edge of the Empire" Beginner Game Out

For any and all pen and paper RPG discussions and games.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
selderane
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
Edge of the Empire Beginner Game is a stand alone beginners module for the current edition of the Star Wars RPG. It's intended for 2-5 players with no RPG experience and comes with a pre-made adventure, player characters, maps, tokens, rulebook, and most importantly, a set of the custom dice.

The adventure included with the module is continued in free PDF downloadable from Fantasy Flight Games' website. There are also two more playable PCs available for download, in case you don't care for the four provided in the set.

The biggest news is the packed in announcement for the release of the core rulebook. Coming in at 400 pages, it's scheduled for release Spring 2013. Given how recently the open beta closed, I'm not surprised by this date. I'm glad to see it's coming out long before GenCon, where I initially anticipated it.
Everything above this sentence is opinion and worth precisely what was paid for it.
Everything below this sentence is indisputable fact as verified by scientists, philosophers, scholars, clergy, and David Bowie.

If Star Wars: Destiny is a CCG, X-Wing is an LCG.
selderane
Gamer
Gamer
Gabe over at Penny Arcade has nice things to say about Edge of the Empire, the Beginner Game in particular.
Everything above this sentence is opinion and worth precisely what was paid for it.
Everything below this sentence is indisputable fact as verified by scientists, philosophers, scholars, clergy, and David Bowie.

If Star Wars: Destiny is a CCG, X-Wing is an LCG.
Emwok
CCGR addict
Definitely interested in this. I love Star Wars :mrgreen: .
Spoiler: