Games You Want To Play But Never Will

For any and all pen and paper RPG discussions and games.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Wait... CthulhuTech? As in Cal of Cthulhu + Battletech? I've never heard of it but that sounds awesome! :lol:

I haven't even had time to play a tabletop game in years, unfortunately. I wish I did have more time to do that... I'm hoping, as my eldest daughter is getting older, we might be able to start up a D&D campaign with her as one of the players. But we'll see what happens....

The only White Wolf game I've played has been Street Fighter. I tried to run a campaign a few times, but we never got very far, for various reasons (usually players moving away...).
selderane
Gamer
Gamer
Sstavix wrote:Wait... CthulhuTech? As in Cal of Cthulhu + Battletech? I've never heard of it but that sounds awesome! :lol:

I haven't even had time to play a tabletop game in years, unfortunately. I wish I did have more time to do that... I'm hoping, as my eldest daughter is getting older, we might be able to start up a D&D campaign with her as one of the players. But we'll see what happens....

The only White Wolf game I've played has been Street Fighter. I tried to run a campaign a few times, but we never got very far, for various reasons (usually players moving away...).
CthulhuTech is Call of Cthulhu + anime big robots + Shadowrun + The Guyver

I think it's a great setting. I love everything about it. I can't say much about the system because the one time I got to play it at GenCon was all kinds of jank.
Everything above this sentence is opinion and worth precisely what was paid for it.
Everything below this sentence is indisputable fact as verified by scientists, philosophers, scholars, clergy, and David Bowie.

If Star Wars: Destiny is a CCG, X-Wing is an LCG.
Noobyhead99
Mine would be DnD for sure. I've heard so many things about it but my age group just isn't interested in those types of things.
I might end up playing it with my 20-year-old cousins at one point as they like it quite a lot.
Spoiler:
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Noobyhead99 wrote:Mine would be DnD for sure. I've heard so many things about it but my age group just isn't interested in those types of things.
I might end up playing it with my 20-year-old cousins at one point as they like it quite a lot.
What age group is that?
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Noobyhead99
ArcticFox wrote:
Noobyhead99 wrote:Mine would be DnD for sure. I've heard so many things about it but my age group just isn't interested in those types of things.
What age group is that?
13-15 years :P
Spoiler:
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Noobyhead99 wrote:
13-15 years :P
Pfft that's the age bracket I was in when I started playing AD&D...
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ishy
Noob
Noob
I would love to play indie games on a regular basis, but my group defaults to Pathfinder. I hate D&D and stock dungeon fantasy. I'm just so tired of it.

I have gotten them to play Victoriana and Vorkosigan. Neither are indie, but they were a stretch for the group. They will play Shadowrun sometimes, as one of our members is a convention GM for Shadowrun.

I have no problems GMing, but I do need some time to get to know a game before I do, whether I've played it or not.
Christian female geeks, gamers, and fans
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
ishy wrote: I have no problems GMing, but I do need some time to get to know a game before I do, whether I've played it or not.
I wish more people had that attitude...
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens