Are vampires demons in Magic: the gathering?

For any and all pen and paper RPG discussions and games.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
I would say that you have to roll with your convictions with this one. If you feel that this is wrong for you to use a vampire/demon deck and the Holy Spirit is convicting you then maybe you should hold off on using it. I know for a good while, the Lord convicted me about D&D because I was so obsessed with it so I got rid of everything (slash and burn style). Later on, it became something that I didn't idolize and the magic/demonic aspects were not the focus or of importance so I can play it today without that same worry because what the Lord desired to do, He did and now I'm released to pursue it again. Sometimes it's a permanent "you can't do this ever again" kind of thing and sometimes its just for a season. Realize though, that you are accountable to the Lord first and foremost and it's always best to error on the side of obedience than to error on the opposite.

Does that help at all?
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
Fansei
You know what you have a point. Perhaps it's not me using a vampire that's bad it's me focusing on it too much that is. I will admit I should tone it down. Thank you.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
My main MTG deck is a red/white knight deck. My wife is working on a demon/vampire deck which is heavy on zombies while she gets more vampires into it.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Crescentia
Noob
Noob
fathom123 wrote:I would say that you have to roll with your convictions with this one. If you feel that this is wrong for you to use a vampire/demon deck and the Holy Spirit is convicting you then maybe you should hold off on using it... you are accountable to the Lord first and foremost and it's always best to error on the side of obedience than to error on the opposite.
I totally agree. Sometimes we are asked to give up more than someone else is, or different things than someone else. And sometimes it is for a season, and sometimes it is for a lifetime. (My addiction was ice cream! I got rid of it completely for a couple years, but now I can have it in the house with no problem.) If you are feeling like you shouldn't use them, don't, whether or not they are technically "demons" it seems they are instruments of demons, in any case. Make of that what you will.

Now, that doesn't necessarily mean that anyone playing a deck full of demons is evil, but that deck represents evil... and there is something to be learned about how the enemy thinks by playing something that represents his side.

In any game of "cops and robbers" you can't show the good deeds of the cops without the bad deeds of the robbers. :)
Great things can happen when you do something that "isn't your job."
Judges 4-5, Esther
Fansei
I have a white and red knight deck too. Truth is I think I might be worrying a bit too much.