Shell we get this puppy started?

For any and all pen and paper RPG discussions and games.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
I just read fathom saying anything in the SRD was fair game except psionics. This particular variant is so straightforward that it would be easy to revise the character sheet if it wasn't allowed. Basically, Brokan is a druid who traded his animal companion for a barbarian-like rage power and traded diplomacy as a class skill for intimidation.
Brokan Mok

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek . . . to be understood, as to understand.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Oh, I'm not against it. If anything, it'll help balance people against my werewolf char.
You have a cool build, for sure. Never seen a lawful druid (but then, I haven't dnd'd much, either).
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
Apparently druids can be any alignment that has "neutral" as part of it: CN, LN, N, NG, or NE.

I thought the lawful would be a cool twist. Most people associate the wild with chaos but in fact nature is the only source of truly immutable law. That's my character's philosophy.
Brokan Mok

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek . . . to be understood, as to understand.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Yeah, you tied it together well.
So your guy fights for natural law? Way cool. He kills for Science.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
@ccgr-Oops sorry.

I think this is a great gaming group and I'm excited to GM for you guys.

@TS-The druid variant is cool but the same goes with Arch is that if things feel broken then we'll discuss it. Right now, I think it's just fine.

Lawful make sense for a druid alignment considering that they operate within a code or order in regard to nature. Granted True Neutral is usually their gig, but I could definitely see lawful working well.
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
DollFaceKilla
Are you human?: Not likely
When you have an opening, if you ever do, I would like to play too. :)
ROA: Livia

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
Jedanova
Noob
Noob
I would love to join. I'm currently part of a 3.5 campaign right now which is becoming increasingly hard to get to. On top of that, the Lord is really laying gaming ministry on my heart and need more experience in different ways to hold D&D and the like. Let me know if you guys need a cleric or the like!
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Arctic, would you like to DM a game and I will play in it? So you will DM a game and play in one and so will I at the same time? We don't post all to often so there should be time. I know on the old forum I played on I was involved in a few games at once. Easy to balance if you only post about once a day. Which reminds me, I think I'm going to move forward in the PBP.
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I'm not opposed to the idea, but it might be kind of tough if there are players in both games to keep track of the separate story threads... But at the same time I also know you're pretty busy so if the pace on both games isn't too fast it may be doable... What does everyone else think?
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Jedanova
Noob
Noob
I think it would be a great idea. I'd be stoked to get rolling with Arctic as DM. So add a +1 from me.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I'm totally down with another game, although, I'll be honest, I'm already emotionally attached to my char.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.