So . . . HELP!

All Minecraft posts go here
amberchick
Location: In the shadows of shadows........ the shadows in SA, Texas

So . . . HELP!

Postby amberchick » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:26 pm

Hey guys!

As usual, I'm super sorry for not being active on the server. As usual, school (and LIFE) has been super hectic for me, so I have had ZERO chance to get on.

I feel kinda bad asking for this, especially since I haven't been active recently, but I need an idea on who can help.

I have a project for school where I can research anything I want (related to the curriculum, of course) and do a project on it, and I was thinking my final project could be some kind of Minecraft museum. I am planning on making a flat world and putting it on my family's server so anyone (with the address of course lol) can join and help.

It's gonna be built around January-March. The expo is on April 26, so I need to have it finished sometime by then.

Thanks in advance! Again, super sorry for not being active recently. And if you can't help, that's perfectly fine :)

-- Amber
My name? I am.... THE CRAZY WEATHERMAN!!! The coolest weatherman out there...... 8)
I hide in the shadows of shadows...... 8) wait, how do you hear me? :silent:

Benjamen shot himself in the head-
http://www.christcenteredgamer.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=24302

To donate to Benjamen's cause-
http://www.gofundme.com/x57d8c

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!

Re: So . . . HELP!

Postby Sstavix » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:41 am

It is supposed to be your final project, right? So I have an idea/proposal: why not look at it as an experiment in management? If you get some volunteers from here or from your family, assign each of them a project and a deadline. Basically serve as the project coordinator / manager and focus on your experiences with trying to get a project like this coordinated.
"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery, and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." -- Noah Webster

My blog: Writing from Idaho

evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Postby evered » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:33 am

Ok, first, AMBERRRRRRRR C AND ME MISSED YOU SO MUCH OMW!!!!

Second, I’d be happy to help! What would be the project be about?

Third, I’m glad you’ve come back! (Are you going be in active again or are you here to stay for a while?)

amberchick

Postby amberchick » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:43 pm

It is supposed to be your final project, right? So I have an idea/proposal: why not look at it as an experiment in management? If you get some volunteers from here or from your family, assign each of them a project and a deadline. Basically serve as the project coordinator / manager and focus on your experiences with trying to get a project like this coordinated.
Great idea! Thanks :) I'm not very experienced in things like this, so do ya think you could give me a hand?

I'm also gonna need some help with design. I know what I want my final product to look like, but I don't know what the museum itself is going to look like.

Ok, first, AMBERRRRRRRR C AND ME MISSED YOU SO MUCH OMW!!!!

Second, I’d be happy to help! What would be the project be about?

Third, I’m glad you’ve come back! (Are you going be in active again or are you here to stay for a while?)
HEIIIIDIIIIIII!!!! I've missed you, too!

My project is on literature in history; so basically how history's changed books (and stuff like that) over time, and how authors have changed literature. I was planning on learning to create my own texture pack so I can have a unique feel to the museum (though all I'm prolly gonna change is paintings to put in various important people and photos/diagrams and stuff).

I'm gonna have my dad upload a flat world to the server so we can start discussing designs and things. Stay tuned!

I'm prolly gonna come on a lot over Winter Break, but after that I have no idea. I'll try and come on a lot more than I have (I miss y'all!)

Thanks again!!
My name? I am.... THE CRAZY WEATHERMAN!!! The coolest weatherman out there...... 8)

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!

Postby Sstavix » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:03 am

Great idea! Thanks :) I'm not very experienced in things like this, so do ya think you could give me a hand?

I'm also gonna need some help with design. I know what I want my final product to look like, but I don't know what the museum itself is going to look like.
Although I would love to help,I'm not sure if I will even have the time. :( I probably wouldn't be a very reliable member of the team, since I wouldn't be able to contribute much. But this could be a good chance to experiment with management, especially since it's just an experiment in the first place. If the Minecraft project turns out poorly, you can even use that as part of your paper / project. Outline what your plans are, what went wrong and where, and what you might be able to do in the future to avoid these problems popping up again. The important part of this approach, though, is not to get too emotionally involved. Take an analytical approach and identify what worked and what could be improved on for future projects.

For example, let's say I volunteered to help, but things turned out poorly. Your depiction might be as follows....

"Sstavix offered to build a large statue of Gary the Chicken for the museum. However, he still hadn't made any progress on it after two months. When I asked him about it, he said that there was a lot going on with his family and job at the time, and he hasn't had much opportunity to do any gaming whatsoever, let alone Minecraft. I asked if he minded if I gave his space to another volunteer, and he said that was OK, and apologized for letting me down. I should keep this in mind for the future, though - especially when getting volunteers who have family obligations. Perhaps I should have asked him about his project after three weeks, rather than two months. Check in more frequently to see if assigned projects are being finished on time."
"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery, and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." -- Noah Webster

My blog: Writing from Idaho

amberchick

Postby amberchick » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:26 am

Although I would love to help,I'm not sure if I will even have the time. :( I probably wouldn't be a very reliable member of the team, since I wouldn't be able to contribute much. But this could be a good chance to experiment with management, especially since it's just an experiment in the first place. If the Minecraft project turns out poorly, you can even use that as part of your paper / project. Outline what your plans are, what went wrong and where, and what you might be able to do in the future to avoid these problems popping up again. The important part of this approach, though, is not to get too emotionally involved. Take an analytical approach and identify what worked and what could be improved on for future projects.

For example, let's say I volunteered to help, but things turned out poorly. Your depiction might be as follows....

"Sstavix offered to build a large statue of Gary the Chicken for the museum. However, he still hadn't made any progress on it after two months. When I asked him about it, he said that there was a lot going on with his family and job at the time, and he hasn't had much opportunity to do any gaming whatsoever, let alone Minecraft. I asked if he minded if I gave his space to another volunteer, and he said that was OK, and apologized for letting me down. I should keep this in mind for the future, though - especially when getting volunteers who have family obligations. Perhaps I should have asked him about his project after three weeks, rather than two months. Check in more frequently to see if assigned projects are being finished on time."

Good idea. I never would have thought of that . . . Maybe I can ask my teacher to include that as part of the project.

Return to “Minecraft”