I'd love economy!
79%
I don't think its a good idea.
21%

Total votes: 19

LTB_Strax_Core

Re: Server Economy

Postby LTB_Strax_Core » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:47 am

Can you buy/sell multiple items at once? Like instead of selling 1 sand 32 times, sealling all 32 sand at once? (same for buying)

N1ghtBreak3r
Are you human?: Yes!

Postby N1ghtBreak3r » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:18 am

Can you buy/sell multiple items at once? Like instead of selling 1 sand 32 times, sealling all 32 sand at once? (same for buying)
Yes! The shop owner can setup the buy and sell signs for whatever amount of items they want.

LTB_Strax_Core

Postby LTB_Strax_Core » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:45 pm

I meant, what if the owner has 1 sand for 2 dollars, can you buy 64 sand for 128 dollars at once or do you need to buy it one at a time?

N1ghtBreak3r

Postby N1ghtBreak3r » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:12 pm

I meant, what if the owner has 1 sand for 2 dollars, can you buy 64 sand for 128 dollars at once or do you need to buy it one at a time?

if the owner has it setup to sell one item at a time, then that's how you have to buy it. a good shop owner would give you some options though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comotto
Gamer
Gamer

Postby Comotto » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:13 pm

I think it's probably a good idea but didn't select the 'pro' option due to the use of the word 'love'. As a Christian, I don't think we should enable the abuse of this word.

CARZ

KingMerek_
Noob
Noob

Postby KingMerek_ » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:33 am

For a player to own a shop is one of the best ideas yet. Mostly it's the player earns coins money etc but to own a shop and buy from other shops is different, I think it's a good idea

LTB_Strax_Core

Postby LTB_Strax_Core » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:43 am

For a player to own a shop is one of the best ideas yet. Mostly it's the player earns coins money etc but to own a shop and buy from other shops is different, I think it's a good idea
We have a system like this already, but a barter system, instead of in-game currency.

amyjo88
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby amyjo88 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:11 pm

I'd rather not have an in game currency, I think that's one of the things that makes prism unique. Here are my thoughts:

- certain things (enchanted items, banners, fireworks, etc) cannot usually be sold in this manner. These are the best shops in my opinion. Of course, a person could still sell these items in the same way we do now (which I will probably do).

- No matter how hard you try, someone is going to find a way to "work the system" and become rich and probably wreck the economy

- more plugins cause more work, issues, lag, and add a learning curve that slows new players. Could add a "starting balance" for new players

Maybe we should wait a bit and let more shops open? What would you buy from a shop? I feel like most people buy enchanted books/items

N1ghtBreak3r

Postby N1ghtBreak3r » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:29 am

I'd rather not have an in game currency, I think that's one of the things that makes prism unique. Here are my thoughts:

- certain things (enchanted items, banners, fireworks, etc) cannot usually be sold in this manner. These are the best shops in my opinion. Of course, a person could still sell these items in the same way we do now (which I will probably do).

With this setup that we are proposing, any item can be sold as long as it is in your possession. The beauty of using an economy and shop system is that if you have those items to sell but are not online, no worries! you can still sell them.

- No matter how hard you try, someone is going to find a way to "work the system" and become rich and probably wreck the economy

This is true, but usually this is because of a poorly designed server shop and there is a great possibility that we wouldn't even have a server shop. The other thing to keep in mind with this economy setup is that currency is only created by working jobs. All normal shop transactions are dependent on the currency balance of those buying and selling. Unlike server shops where currency is created by selling items to it, the only way to create currency with the system we are proposing is to work jobs.

- more plugins cause more work, issues, lag, and add a learning curve that slows new players. Could add a "starting balance" for new players

Yes, but this is something that myself and the staff are willing to invest in, create tutorials, provide links, and answer questions for. In other words, if the people want, we are willing. That's our purpose as staff and it gives us enjoyment.

Maybe we should wait a bit and let more shops open? What would you buy from a shop? I feel like most people buy enchanted books/items

This economy system was requested by some of our shop owners so that they could sell their items when they weren't present. We have many different shops already setup at spawn that sell different things.

evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Postby evered » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:29 am

Do you think we should add the /ah plugin? It would save a lot of stress.

-Heidi

mikahhamilton
Noob
Noob

Postby mikahhamilton » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:50 am

Yes, economy system is a very good idea as players can buy and sell and not have to wait for a player to be online to organise a trade.

Please install the plugin

Can you also add the "Lift Sign" plugin allowing a sign to be used as "Lift Up" and "Lift Down" This also is a very good feature.

Thank you

Holly_Hamilton
Noob
Noob

Postby Holly_Hamilton » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:02 am

how do a supply and demand sound
example you buy a diamond for 100 then the next person that tries to buy a diamond has to pay 110 then the next maybe like 130 and as time goes on in the game the price of the diamond goes down by one till it reaches back to 100. uses this type of method i think would reduce the amount of rare items that can be brought say diamonds reach a price of 100,000 when the base is 100 for a diamond. it would make people go mining or trade with other players for them or there shop.
Supply and demand finds its way in an open market system pretty well by players adjusting prices themselves. On another server that has economy everyone was selling diamonds for 1200. When I got a double chest full of them I reduced my price to 1000, others then followed. When diamonds became scares again, the price went up.

The good thing about this plugin, it is simple sign placement on a chest that has items in it.

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:43 pm

I'm iffy on this. I don't really like the fact that you can only get money from jobs, but it does reduce the chance of cheating the system (though it's possible it can still get cheated in one way or another). I really did like the barter system and I think that is what made our server unique from other servers. I think the jobs plugin would do a bit better if paired with mcmmo. If I do a shop I'll probably do half of each (assuming the plugin is added).
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict

Postby ZappierVirus » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:58 pm

I'm iffy on this. I really did like the barter system and I think that is what made our server unique from other servers. I think the jobs plugin would do a bit better if paired with mcmmo.
I agree. I really like the Prism shop system and i think it sets Prism apart from other servers.
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.

Lucia_Hamilton
Noob
Noob

Postby Lucia_Hamilton » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:30 pm

Prism has a shop system? where is it? How do you use it?

Return to “Minecraft”