I don't think its a good idea.
21%

Total votes: 19

Foxwick
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!

Server Economy

Postby Foxwick » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:49 am

If you guys would like to use economy vote! you guys can earn money, pay players, create shops, sell items, and buy items. This idea came from a shop owner who brought up the concern that it's hard to sell items because they're not always online when people want to buy things. Having an economy with signs to buy and sell things would help that.

Pros:
* Economy would allow people to buy and sell items more easily.
* Stores could operate without the store owner online.
* Offers better protection for store owners
* Items would have a base cost instead of arbitrary item cost (1 diamond this time, 4 the next, etc.)
* Could be useful as a tool to learn real-world financing.
* A jobs plugin will be added to earn money as you do normal things like build, mine, dig, explore, and more

Cons:
* It could create an imbalance in player interactions (i.e. store owners would make money since they are selling items but non-store owners would not)
* It could reduce the amount of barter happening (although I'm confident there would still be a lot of that happening)
* Have to learn how to use it
* We would also add a jobs plugin to earn money.
* Could create an unhealthy focus on wealth.
Phlipians 4:1, Therefor my brothers, whom I love and long for, my join and crown. Stand firm, thus in the Lord, My beloved

N1ghtBreak3r

Re: Server Economy

Postby N1ghtBreak3r » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:03 am

I'm all for this idea. The plugin we're looking at can link your chest to a sign, so you can link your chests at home to sell things in your store at spawn (or really anywhere).

I am not a fan of a server shop though, I would like to see the buying and selling come from a player-to-player interaction instead of buying and selling from the server.

evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Postby evered » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:51 am

cough...I think that was one of my ideas :P

I'd love economy! No more nasty thieves and stuff!

-Heidi

M_Unlimited

Postby M_Unlimited » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:31 pm

I agree N1ght, I used it on another server and it was not as fun buying and selling to the server.
@Cheryl: Thanks for a wonderful community. It is a pleasure and honor to be a part of it.

Image ssss

Cantore

Postby Cantore » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:55 pm

My 2 cents:

SERVER TRADE:
I believe we've had this mod on ccgr before, however brief it was. The only server store item we should sell (if any) would have to be villager eggs and maybe obsidian lol (I love obsidian, and it takes WAY too long to mine it). I like to see stuff like iron and gold turned into coin as well, so we can generate wealth quickly for villagers or obsidian. I would refrain from diamond trade, as an already-rare item becomes even more rare when it's all mined up for the purpose of trading to the server. - unless of course you want to create more work for yourself, and reset the resource map more often.

SERVER ECONOMY:
Sounds fun. It was fun when we had it. Adds a much-needed sense of realism to the game.

Are we getting the MMO mod put on here too??

M_Unlimited

Postby M_Unlimited » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:46 am

I think MMO was voted down but they are adding a mod that lets you earn money by doing stuff like mining or crafting.
* A jobs plugin will be added to earn money as you do normal things like build, mine, dig, explore, and more
@Cheryl: Thanks for a wonderful community. It is a pleasure and honor to be a part of it.

Image ssss

Coals_of_fire
Noob
Noob

Postby Coals_of_fire » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:36 am

well this is a thing. I have not voted at this time this is a load of wild spice sauce that could kill the whole dish or make a jar of honey in a cake making it a dreamy cake.

ok if you have money from people buying from you what could you buy from the sever Having money and nothing to do with it is boring.

what could we sell to the server and not have it take away from the shops?

selling iron of gold when you can make farms for them many not be the best idea the server may become over run with them.

selling ore or diamonds or rare thing like cantore said may make them rare.

or is it a server shop that will rare things like mob spawners and mob heads and eggs and diamonds?

will jobs be the only way to make money beside your shop?

* Could create an unhealthy focus on wealth (proceed with caution)

God Bless

Foxwick
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby Foxwick » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:16 pm

well this is a thing. I have not voted at this time this is a load of wild spice sauce that could kill the whole dish or make a jar of honey in a cake making it a dreamy cake.

ok if you have money from people buying from you what could you buy from the sever Having money and nothing to do with it is boring.

what could we sell to the server and not have it take away from the shops?

selling iron of gold when you can make farms for them many not be the best idea the server may become over run with them.

selling ore or diamonds or rare thing like cantore said may make them rare.

or is it a server shop that will rare things like mob spawners and mob heads and eggs and diamonds?

will jobs be the only way to make money beside your shop?

* Could create an unhealthy focus on wealth (proceed with caution)

God Bless
for now, jobs and your shops would be the only way to get money.
Phlipians 4:1, Therefor my brothers, whom I love and long for, my join and crown. Stand firm, thus in the Lord, My beloved

LTB_Strax_Core

Postby LTB_Strax_Core » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:04 pm

Is the plug-in named qshop? If so, I've used this before and it works well. A Player puts an item in a chest and sets it's amount by left clicking the chest with the item in your hand. Then, any player who walks by that chest has an opportunity to buy whatever it is. They left click it and say in chat how many they want (the plug in hides this so you won't constantly see people saying: 5 9 1 10 7 5 4 2, etc) and if they have the cash for it, they will have the amount of items times the value the seller puts on it, taken from their balance, and the item will appear in their inventory.

Starfire11
Gamer
Gamer

Postby Starfire11 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:18 pm

is the plugin named qshop :lol:

Few questions to things I don’t understand:

Is there a “server shop” where you can only buy and sell through that shop?
Is there in game “money” where it’s not diamonds or anything?
If so, what can we do with the money? Only buy other things?

Can’t believe I voted before I asked these questions :lol: but this sounds pretty fun and it will encourage more selling.

But like Coals said, it could create a focus on money but on the slight upside, it’s “educational”
i thank You . . . for most this amazing day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything which is natural which is infinite which is yes
-e. e. cummings

Foxwick
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby Foxwick » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Can’t believe I voted before I asked these questions :lol: but this sounds pretty fun and it will encourage more selling.

But like Coals said, it could create a focus on money but on the slight upside, it’s “educational”
its a player shop where you would have signs in your shop that hook up to a chest anywhere you want and sell items. with money you can pay other players, sell, and buy.

Foxwick
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby Foxwick » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:27 pm

Is the plug-in named qshop? If so, I've used this before and it works well. A Player puts an item in a chest and sets it's amount by left clicking the chest with the item in your hand. Then, any player who walks by that chest has an opportunity to buy whatever it is. They left click it and say in chat how many they want (the plug in hides this so you won't constantly see people saying: 5 9 1 10 7 5 4 2, etc) and if they have the cash for it, they will have the amount of items times the value the seller puts on it, taken from their balance, and the item will appear in their inventory.
it is not called qshop.

evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Postby evered » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:28 pm

YEAAAAAH EDUCATIONAL! Does that mean I can play Minecraft all day?

N1ghtBreak3r

Postby N1ghtBreak3r » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:29 pm

Here's an update on all questions and concerns about the economy.

SERVER SHOP:
The idea of setting up an economy is to aid in the buying and selling of items by the players. It is not being considered in order to buy and sell things to the server. That being said there should be a few things to answer / address.

BUYING FROM SERVER:
* I see a benefit from buying certain hard-to-get items from the server, however, we want to balance this out with regular gameplay. In other words, we don't want rare items to become not rare.

SELLING TO SERVER:
It is something to consider about which item would be good too use for extra currency (although it would most likely be limited to one or two items). We don't want to lose items to the server like diamonds and other rare items as others have stated and we con't want to destroy the economy before we even get started.

BUYING AND SELLING TO SHOP OWNERS:
Shop owners would setup their shops by placing the items they wish to sell in a chest (if it's selling a stack of cobble, they would place in a stack of cobble; if it's one cobble, then they would place one cobble into the chest). Then they would create a sign stating what the item is and how much they are selling it for. The sign is then linked up to the chest (the chest does not have to be in the shop) and other players can then buy items from that player's store. You won't be able to buy items if you don't have the currency needed.

Selling items to a shop owner also entails linking a selling sign to a chest. You can sell your that specific item on the sign for the amount the shop owner is willing to pay you for it. The signs only work as long as the shop owner has the funds to buy them from you.

EARNING MONEY:
If the economy is approved, we will be added a jobs plugin to supplement earning money. The jobs are currently mining, digging, building, exploring, enchanting, brewing, farming, and woodcutting (hunting may become an option, but with all the mob farms it's currently removed). This will allow all players to earn money as they do normal things. Those who do not want to participate in the economy, do not have to join any jobs and can continue playing as normal.

PLAYER WEALTH:
We are working to remove this as a goal for players. There will be no leaderboard or chart for the richest players and there will be no benefits for having the most wealth. Individual wealth would simply mean more ability to buy items from shops or from other players.

CURRENCY:
Currency would be in-game money that is not an item. However, certain items could be sold at a server store. Shop owners could also choose to buy things from you and thus you could sell items to shops for whatever they are looking for and the price they want to pay.

McMMO:
McMMO was voted down so we are not currently adding it.

Coals_of_fire
Noob
Noob

Postby Coals_of_fire » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:43 pm

you guys are giving this some thought

how do a supply and demand sound
example you buy a diamond for 100 then the next person that tries to buy a diamond has to pay 110 then the next maybe like 130 and as time goes on in the game the price of the diamond goes down by one till it reaches back to 100. uses this type of method i think would reduce the amount of rare items that can be brought say diamonds reach a price of 100,000 when the base is 100 for a diamond. it would make people go mining or trade with other players for them or there shop.

I know this will take time to work on the data on this and after the system is up and running there may be some need to change some value to work better with the server

God Bless
coals of fire

Return to “Minecraft”