No.
38%

Total votes: 13

N1ghtBreak3r
Are you human?: Yes!

A Few Server Updates and another poll

Postby N1ghtBreak3r » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:29 am

SERVER UPDATES:
1. You now have the ability to mine monster spawners with a silk touch pick. You will not be able to change the spawner to something different, so please don't ask. You should be able to mine and place the spawner where you like. Player protections apply to spawners on a player's land. Please don't steal!

2. We have a server Enderman Farm. You can access it with /warp endfarm --- please share and use wisely!

3. We have fielded several requests for McMMO which is a plugin that adds RPG elements to the game primarily in the form of leveling up skills as you do them more often. Depending on how much a certain tool is used or a certain action is performed, players will gain experience that will eventually add bonuses such as double drops, rare drops, or ability enhancement. I know we were talking about this before the server move and map reset, and we think now is a good time to bring it up again.

Just for Cantore (and others I'm sure:)
PROS: Get bonuses and extra skills for doing the things you already do. You'll be able to mine faster, cut trees better, and fight like a champ with this plugin (did I mention hunting / fishing / farming, etc?)

CONS: Changes gameplay in the sense that some people will be at higher levels and abilities in some things than others. May create a larger disparity between players who are on often vs those who aren't on as much.

evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Re: A Few Server Updates and another poll

Postby evered » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:07 am

Oh gosh, McMMO? Uhm, no offense, but I like prism the way it is. not with McMMO...

Servant of the King

Postby Servant of the King » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:59 am

Well, since we're not a competitive, PVP server, I think this sounds like fun! I especially like the whole **YOU READY YOUR AXE** thing and stuff like that. I used it once before on another server, and I remember loving the Tree Feller skill (if that's still included).
"There is therefore now no condemnation against those who are in Christ Jesus."
--Romans 8:1

Comotto
Gamer
Gamer

Postby Comotto » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:08 pm

I vote no. All should be equal in the eyes of God and Prism. Agape seems to have the ability to move up in rank for the overachievers, leave Prism as is. This is a Christian fun server that encourages community of all, not individualism or factions. Acts 2:44 "All the believers were together and had everything in common."

CARZ

Coals_of_fire
Noob
Noob

Postby Coals_of_fire » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:39 pm

the plugin does change what to fish for and get if you and this i like the trapes of fishing removed

Starfire11
Gamer
Gamer

Postby Starfire11 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:42 pm

TBH, I’ve never actually used McMMO, but I know it’ll change the gameplay a lot. I can imagine it would be really fun leveling up and such. Though I’m leaning towards 'no' because it would cause experienced and inexperienced players to be on completely different levels. And I think we should just keep Prism simple. I agree with CARZ on this one.
i thank You . . . for most this amazing day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything which is natural which is infinite which is yes
-e. e. cummings

N1ghtBreak3r

Postby N1ghtBreak3r » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:43 pm

the plugin does change what to fish for and get if you and this i like the trapes of fishing removed
yeah. We can configure this to keep the vanilla treasures and stuff that you get while fishing. So that part is configurable.

Pheonix28
Noob
Noob

Postby Pheonix28 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:33 pm

Adding levels keeps it interesting for those who are active regularly. I don't see it as being unfair as those who rarely play won't notice anything different than vanilla, while those who play a ton will have the benefit of a few QOL improvements (as well as the fun leveling up system)

If you have someone spending hours a day every day mining, why not let them have some quicker mining for a while?

I personally wouldn't mind some different rewards for fishing, but if others don't like it I'm perfectly fine with it not changing.

http://mcmmo.wikia.com/wiki/McMMO_Wiki - Here is the wiki for those who don't know what MCMMO is.
Last edited by Pheonix28 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Comotto
Gamer
Gamer

Postby Comotto » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:41 pm

Adding levels keeps it interesting for those who are active regularly. I don't see it as being unfair as those who rarely play won't notice anything different than vanilla, while those who play a ton will have the benefit of a few QOL improvements (as well as the fun leveling up system)

If you have someone spending hours a day every day mining, why not let them have some quicker mining for a while?
If it's quicker and they don't spend the day mining, as is their pleasure, what else would they do? :-)
Those that want more complex play can transition to Agape.

CARZ

Pheonix28
Noob
Noob

Postby Pheonix28 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:50 pm

If it's quicker and they don't spend the day mining, as is their pleasure, what else would they do? :-)

CARZ
Oh I don't know... build where they've been mining out? (Some people have grand plans that require mining out large areas before they can start building those areas.)

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:56 pm

Glad that the fishing can be tweaked to include both the vanilla treasure and the mcmmo treasure!

In a sense Mcmmo rewards players for dedication to certain activities. If players spend a lot of time mining, they will gain levels in the mining part of mcmmo and unlock some cool features! Such as better TNT explosions and double drops of ore. Reaching high levels in any profession can take weeks or even months (although there are some methods that help you level up slightly more quickly).
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!

Cantore

Postby Cantore » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:22 pm

First of all, N1ghtBreak3r,

THANK YOU for the PROs and CONs !

Breaking things down to quick things to think about when making an important decision is beneficial not only here in minecraft, but also in the job world (when those of us who work are required to communicate with our bosses). There's wisdom in weighing our choices in the balance, and getting feed-back.

So, basically - I am torn on this issue, only on a personal level, because as I understand it, things unlock as you level up. Well, as great as that SOUNDS - Stuff like that takes a great deal of time, patience, frustration, etc. So, I guess my answer weighs heavily on the fact that a mod like McMMO has parameters that can be adjusted for leveling speed. Depending on how slow those speeds are, well that would determine my negative or positive approach to this sort of gameplay.

That said, when I was an OP, I did come across this topic before, and I do like the idea of it all. I am in favor of this mod, given its leveling speeds are adjusted to suit our own community opinion. This would mean we would need to get a lot of feedback while players break it in for the first few weeks. I don't think that's something our OPs would find unreasonable though.

Pheonix28
Noob
Noob

Postby Pheonix28 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:12 am

So.....

What's the verdict?

N1ghtBreak3r

Postby N1ghtBreak3r » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:35 pm

Verdict is that we do not have enough support for it at this time so we are not adding it. We would like to see closer to an 80% yes-vote. The topic will be revisited at a later date.

I would say if this is something that you want, start telling people the benefits of it (but don't be pushy about it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Minecraft”