Joining Agape Network

All Minecraft posts go here

Should we fully join the Agape Network?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:03 am

Yes! I like the new people and playing on connected servers.
76%
No. I would like to go back to being just Prism.
5%
Not sure. I need more time to decide.
19%

Total votes: 21

N1ghtBreak3r
Are you human?: Yes!

Joining Agape Network

Postby N1ghtBreak3r » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:03 am

Hey gang! We have been partnered up with FAC for the last month (or so) have had the pleasure of meeting some new people and playing on some connected servers on the Agape Network. We as staff are talking about and trying to determine the future of Prism and we find ourselves asking - is it time to become full members of the Agape Network?

Currently, we are not full members - this means that we are missing out on having a voice in the direction of the Agape Network. If we became full members, on top of having a voice in the direction of Agape, we'd also be sticking around and get to enjoy all the benefits of the networked servers.

Please vote on this poll and let us know what you think. We will take all input under consideration as we look to see what the next chapter for Prism looks like.

Woiv
Minecraft Server Admin

Re: Joining Agape Network

Postby Woiv » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:09 am

Well they are nice group of people. I like us by our selves for many reasons. I just don't see us making it as far as I feel we can go connected. Financially it's great but I don't think apart from that it's worth it. Maybe reverend can still get us that discount but just be by ourselves.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

o PRISM's Minecraft server admin.
o CCGR forum moderator.

Barnabaas
Noob
Noob

Postby Barnabaas » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:45 am

I hit undecided bc I don't know some of the details.

Can the other folks go into Prism?

Do those people have the same requirements before joining to make sure the folks that aren't so good for the game don't join?

N1ghtBreak3r

Postby N1ghtBreak3r » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:20 am

I hit undecided bc I don't know some of the details.

Can the other folks go into Prism?

Do those people have the same requirements before joining to make sure the folks that aren't so good for the game don't join?
Hey Barnabaas! At this point, the whitelist would remain up. People still would need to do their posts and meet the requirements to join Prism - the only exception to this would be the Global Staff that is voted in to the Agape Network. The benefit to us is that we would get votes in the direction and the happenings of Agape, plus we'd get additional support in moderating and administrating as needs arise. If there was a large No-vote, we would potentially go back to being Prism on our own.

Hope this helps clarify a few things.

Pheonix28
Noob
Noob

Postby Pheonix28 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:20 am

I like being our own server, for a few reasons, however it is nice during quiet times to have other people to talk to, as well as the option to swap to one of their servers for some fun stuff (I Haven't done this myself, but I've seen others from Prism do it.)

It would be nice if I didn't have to type /server prism every time I joined, but that's a minor thing.

evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Postby evered » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:30 am

Honestly, I love in here.

At first I didn't wanna meet the new people and have that feeling of being left out again. But when the collaboration happend, I met tons of new friends. I'm so glad that prism came together with Agape. I hope to stay here. Thanks.

-Heidi

Cantore
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Postby Cantore » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:24 pm

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've posted on this forum. So to all of you who know me - "hello!" :D

Having been an active OP in the past, and keeping that in mind, I feel that to make a good poll on this, one should understand the pros and cons of this move:
PROS:
1) With a merge like this, it significantly alleviates tech and connection concerns of the Ops and ccgr
2) It is very nice to be able to log into a network, and have options to meet new people simply by joining their server and saying 'hello'.
3) It's a Christian server, and maintains itself as such.
4) It's professionally achieved real connection with other Christians, without going through their whitelist protocols.

CONS:
1) To my knowledge, we do not have map roll-back if anyone should troll. But, that said, with the mods we have, the risk is significantly LOW for griefing.
2) There are some whitelist concerns, meaning some old griefers may come back? Am I right on this?
3) THE COST. This one is huge for me. Either we give ccgr recompense for her server, or we give it to Agape for theirs. Given that there are younger players, how many contribute? Forced contribution fees DO help keep a server clean, and cover costs, but also deter some players from playing if they're forced to pay up. I guess my concern is this: What if we don't get enough contributions? What happens to the prism server then?
4) Personally, I'm not a fan of having to type /server prism to join the one and only server I play on. I've only briefly met other players from other servers. It was nice to see some of their server builds and all though. But all in all, it hasn't really brought me any new friends, apart from those on the prism server already.

For the reasons above, I have not decided on this move.

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:37 pm

Hey Cantore! We already have a few solutions to the cons you listed.

For 1. We have a plugin called Core-Protect that allows us to roll-back any damage caused by players on our server.
2. Our server is still whitelisted, though it's a bit buggy at the moment, requiring many unnecessary steps for players to get whitelisted (hoping to get that fixed though).
3. I don't exactly know 100% for sure, but I think the Agape server is cheaper than when we ran independently.
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

An Admin on Prism!!

mmcmullen3
Noob
Noob

Postby mmcmullen3 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:45 pm

Ok to answer some of the cons from Contore post as A network founder, actually Bisect hosting on the plan we provide does a back up every morning at 5 am to all of our premuim servers, even if there was a severe attack we would simply roll back to that morning, we also have a back up Staff server that acts as a backup if the main lobby is trolled or something. most of the servers have rollback and coreprotect at least the larger ones like FAC as well.

the other servers do not use a whitelist, and there is no reason why prism couldn't keep theirs. we have alot of protections so we havent felt the need for, but at times when building servers we do turn on. one thing is that the mini servers help allow server owners to minimize plugins allowing for less lag on larger servers and a lower overall cost on those servers.

As far as cost, the contributions whether in Network or independent, it is the choice of the individual to choose where to donate, you can always donate to only prism if you wish, or you can donate to the network as well, in the current agreement, we help when donation matches have not been made. So the connection only helps Prism. as far as friends and such it takes time like all things do. If you visit others and spend time friendships develop. and as players from other servers join they will visit as well, it only adds to the possibility of new friends, but relationships are always developed over time. I hope I answered some questions, and feel free to ask more. I personally enjoy the intereaction and love the Network. God Bless

Barnabaas
Noob
Noob

Postby Barnabaas » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:05 am

that does help

Does that mean when my son plays the "paint ball" and other games before going into Prism those folks did not have the same screening?

Cantore
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Postby Cantore » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:08 am

Thank you JesusIsLord and mmcmullen3 for clarifying the cons I had. I've now changed my vote in favor of the merge! :D

It should be noted that:
WE STILL LOVE YOU CCGR! :D THANKS for all you've done for us and the community over the years!!! I'm sure you'll still be very much involved with all of this, but I just thought I should shout out my appreciation.

N1ghtBreak3r

Postby N1ghtBreak3r » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:14 am

that does help

Does that mean when my son plays the "paint ball" and other games before going into Prism those folks did not have the same screening?
Right. Prism is the only whitelisted server on the network. Anyone else can join ACN and play on the other servers, but not Prism without the posts and being added to the whitelist.

Servant of the King
Gamer
Gamer

Postby Servant of the King » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:56 am

I have to say, I am very impressed by Agape.

When I logged in to the server for the first time since the transition, the first thing that struck me about the network was the beautiful Christ-centered atmosphere everywhere I went. God was lifted up and glorified in everything from the architecture to the signs on the walls to the occasional verse that showed up in chat (by the way, thank you for adding that to Prism, Rev and CCGR!). I was floored, and I loved it!

After I explored for a while that first time, I noticed that the only other person there was Reverend. We got to talking, and he told me all about Agape, how he was the administrator and how there were many different interconnected worlds. He even took me on a tour through the larger ones, showing me everything going on in Agape and talking about Minecraft and ministry. That alone was very cool, but then he showed me another world that left me speechless: 5worlds, I think it's called.

I'd never even dreamed Minecraft could be used in the way that Agape uses it. This entire world was composed of six massive pictures, hundreds of blocks tall. Each one depicted an abstract situation: one showed a person kneeling, then getting up and walking on a path; another was a first-person view of someone pushing through a dark crowd; another showed a human silhouette against a seemingly infinite, dark void. Reverend then told me to pick one that I identified with the most, so I chose the picture of a man getting up and walking. Reverend then explained the purpose of the pictures.

Each one represents a different way a person has of viewing the world, and therefore, viewing the Gospel. 5worlds is a ministry world, specially designed to reach a person with the Gospel in a unique way that meets them where they are. For example, if a person came from an abusive, distant family, it wouldn't be helpful to start out by talking about the wrath of God against sin (although it's essential to understanding the Gospel), since the person would just view God as another tormentor. Instead, if I'm remembering right, the thing they should know first is that God is not an impersonal, cruel dictator, but a loving, merciful Father who delights in forgiving sin if the person will turn to him in repentance.

By presenting the Gospel like this, an unbeliever has a contact point through which the Good News of Jesus Christ can be told to them in an understandable way! Reverend also told me that 5worlds makes for a good tool for pastors to help them understand the different backgrounds from which people come.

I was amazed. I love that Agape is not only a place to have fun, but more importantly, it's being used as a ministry tool to preach the Gospel! The people that I've met are kind and friendly, the server is well-maintained, and it's all to the glory of God. Our two server families sound very like-minded, so I'm all for joining with Agape! Reverend told me that he has a heart for seeing more and more Christians unite in community as the Church, and I think that's a wonderful goal.

Anyway, that's been my experience with Agape so far. Sorry that ran a little long. XD

Thanks,

Serv
"There is therefore now no condemnation against those who are in Christ Jesus."
--Romans 8:1

Comotto

Postby Comotto » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:17 pm

I believe the spirit of Prism and ccgr was to have a server that was safe and simple for all to enjoy Christian or otherwise. One of the primary directives was not to impose our religion on players unless they were open to such dialog. For this reason it should be kept as is, as a gateway that could lead to Agape if a player is so moved.

CARZ

mmcmullen3
Noob
Noob

Postby mmcmullen3 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:39 pm

Serv, Barnabas, and Carz

That was a great explanation of the 5worlds and the biblical historical maps and such. Barnabas, people can log into the network that do not have the forum post that prism has, However, the shear volume of protectors, watchman, moderators and admins that watch the network continually are here in the network. Your son is safe. But if you want the extra layer of the whitelist on prism he can turn the chat to local and simply play their on prism. We are a large family and community and there are opportunities to explore and grow the community. It is in the interest of the Network to gaurd and protect all players and we seek to do that. It is pretty amazing that this many communities have combined to make a large family that is safe and has the resources to become an even bigger family. even this week we are adding a new minigame to the server and making maps to another. The network offers a variety of fun and safety that many individual servers simply do not have the capacity to do. I will say there is also the vetting process in the lobby, though there is not a forum questions, some of you may have noticed that an admin or mod jumps immediately to the lobby greats and talks to a new person and gives them instructions to their game play, we discover very quickly usually before the person ever leaves the lobby if they are sincere in their desire to join the family. The lobby is an extra layer of protection that prism doesnt have without the network, in other words, we have 2 dedicated servers for vetting potentials before they ever even login to the server of their choice.

personally, I hope the players have seen and known me long enough to know the love and heart of me, that I will always seek to protect the families in the server. God bless

Return to “Minecraft”