Switching Minecraft server hosts and partnering with other Christian servers!

All Minecraft posts go here
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!

Switching Minecraft server hosts and partnering with other Christian servers!

Postby ccgr » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:29 pm

Guys it's no secret that our current Minecraft server move has been a disaster. Between the slow response to tickets (4-6 hours) to it running out of disc space when we barely scratched the surface of what we'd like to do.

Before the move we were approached about joining up with a group of Christian Minecraft servers, Fully Awakened Creators. At first we declined since we already bought into the ggservers for a four month plan. With the latest fiasco I'm ready to leave ggservers despite the lack of a refund. Fully Awakened Ministries was generous enough to pay for a server on bisect hosting. The server cost is $16 a month and any donations we get up to $16 a month will go back to them and anything above and beyond is for CCG. If there are no donations they will underwrite the expense.

Another benefit is that we will be partially connected to their network which means that eventually we can portal between other Christian servers. This works best without a whitelist but I've grown quite fond of ours. Other positive things to note is that we'll have shared access to plugins they purchased and more admin help if we get stuck on a server issue. The owner, Reverend is available on our discord server if anyone would like to meet him.

Servant of the King
Gamer
Gamer

Re: Switching Minecraft server hosts and partnering with other Christian servers!

Postby Servant of the King » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:44 pm

This sounds like a great idea! It would be awesome to make some new friends and be partnered with other people who love Jesus most of all. Will that mean that this world will be wiped again, or can it be saved?
"There is therefore now no condemnation against those who are in Christ Jesus."
--Romans 8:1

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Switching Minecraft server hosts and partnering with other Christian servers!

Postby ccgr » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:51 pm

Uploading the Survival world (renamed world) onto the new server. We'll see how it works.

evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Postby evered » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:51 pm

This sounds like a great idea! It would be awesome to make some new friends and be partnered with other people who love Jesus most of all. Will that mean that this world will be wiped again, or can it be saved?
Fully Agreed on Servant :D

Woiv
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby Woiv » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:04 pm

Ok I'd like to lay some things down. as I have some question...

- Will current staff on CCGR keep their jobs?

- Will staff from the other servers receive staff on ours?

- What servers are we combining with

Side note: If zeckll is in this, I want you to be VERY careful he's very mischievous and has a background of stealing/messing people's servers up.

I want to be with you every step of the way as an admin CCGR as I actually know Fully Awakened staff and some of them (Don't share this with anyone else) have proven to be a bit immature.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

o PRISM's Minecraft server admin.
o CCGR forum moderator.

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ccgr » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:12 am

We're only aligned with FAC. zeckll is not part of this arrangement. The staff positions will not change. Me and ideally one other will represent Prism on discord. Reverand has admin access on our server, nobody else as far as I'm aware.

Return to “Minecraft”