Super Massive Build Collab anyone?

All Minecraft posts go here
HaggisPK

Super Massive Build Collab anyone?

Postby HaggisPK » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:22 am

So I'm sure we all have plans for what to do after the reset. But I kinda want to do a community Collab! I'm thinking we make a village and it could be around some sort of world tree and the buildings would be in a certain style and all follow it throughout just to keep everything looking cohesive and pleasing to the eye.

Then from this village we have pathways going out in all directions that connect to nearby Npc villages. Once the main world tree town is done then we go to the Npc villages and touch them up to make them unique to the biome they are in. This is a super massive build and I think if we put our minds together we can create something amazing.

Any takers? Anyone want to brainstorm? Got any rad village ideas we could build connected to the world tree town? Comment and let's get this planned out!

Names for villages:
First village w/The world tree:
Floating island:
Port town close to floating island:

:wink: -HaggisPK
Last edited by HaggisPK on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jaredk105

Re: Super Massive Build Collab anyone?

Postby Jaredk105 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:45 am

That sounds like fun! I would love to help. If there is a way you think Redstone could be incorporated I would love to do that as well. I had an idea for my house after the reset, but I do not think it will tie into a village setting very well. I was planning on making a flying saucer house (at the top of a mountain for the best visual effects). Could I perhaps make a not very obvious pathway to such a thing if it is not visible from the village?

I am really glad you mentioned this. It will be lots of fun building with others! As for suggestions, what do you think about swinging bridges in trees?

HaggisPK

Postby HaggisPK » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:21 am

That sounds like fun! I would love to help. If there is a way you think Redstone could be incorporated I would love to do that as well. I had an idea for my house after the reset, but I do not think it will tie into a village setting very well. I was planning on making a flying saucer house (at the top of a mountain for the best visual effects). Could I perhaps make a not very obvious pathway to such a thing if it is not visible from the village?

I am really glad you mentioned this. It will be lots of fun building with others! As for suggestions, what do you think about swinging bridges in trees?
I'm loving all of this, you know what would be really cool?! have the saucer visible from the edge of town! just enough so that people go "now what is that?!" then they go exploring, kinda pulls you off the path if you know what i mean (if you have played skyrim that whole game is based around that idea it seems.)and have a pathway so its kind of an adventure to get there with a secnic route. its all about immersion and forgetting its a game and i think if you play it right you can have some magical moments happen.

with the redstone idea, what about a steampunk floating city that redstone is a huge feature? with an airship dock, and good looking parts of open redstone, and some other well hidden redstone that has stuff to look like pipes leading between different parts of the build to make it look as if its all run off steam and other stuff like that? heck the whole city could be on top of a huge redstone deposit and for some reason thats why it floats! some people could harness the lift factor in the redstone so the entire island can stay afloat with pylons filled with redstone.

huge ramble but now im full of ideas! thanks dude!

any other ideas?

LTB_Strax_Core
Gamer
Gamer

Postby LTB_Strax_Core » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:00 am

I could help!

Jaredk105

Postby Jaredk105 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:30 pm

I'm loving all of this, you know what would be really cool?! have the saucer visible from the edge of town! just enough so that people go "now what is that?!" then they go exploring, kinda pulls you off the path if you know what i mean (if you have played skyrim that whole game is based around that idea it seems.)and have a pathway so its kind of an adventure to get there with a secnic route. its all about immersion and forgetting its a game and i think if you play it right you can have some magical moments happen.

with the redstone idea, what about a steampunk floating city that redstone is a huge feature? with an airship dock, and good looking parts of open redstone, and some other well hidden redstone that has stuff to look like pipes leading between different parts of the build to make it look as if its all run off steam and other stuff like that? heck the whole city could be on top of a huge redstone deposit and for some reason thats why it floats! some people could harness the lift factor in the redstone so the entire island can stay afloat with pylons filled with redstone.

huge ramble but now im full of ideas! thanks dude!

any other ideas?
Wow! All of that sounds great. The floating Redstone island idea is ingenious. I can't wait to get started on this.

Jaredk105

Postby Jaredk105 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:32 pm

I could help!
Great! What are your thoughts on the current ideas? Do you have anything you would like to add?

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!

Postby Sstavix » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:38 pm

... I can make a hut... :lol:
"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery, and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." -- Noah Webster

My blog: Writing from Idaho

HaggisPK

Postby HaggisPK » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:22 pm

So here is what I'm thinking. For those who want to help they help with what they are comfortable with. If you love Redstone then let's do some really cool stuff for the floating island. If you love building then let's have a build team. If you don't feel comfortable with designing buildings or placing the blocks then we could really use some resource gatherers! To make these look good we will need a ton of resources and a lot of hard to find resources too, so if you would rather travel across the land searching far and wide for rare items like nether brick and quartz, coloured shulker boxes, mossy and broken stone bricks and other stuff like that we could really use that sort of help!

For the island we need someone who is good with terrain, someone that can make it look natural and not like it was man-made. Also placement of the island is important. It can be further from the world tree but we will have to see the map when the reset hits. But my question is, do we want it floating in a mountain range? Or over the ocean? If you have better ideas for location let us know!

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:46 pm

I can be a resource gatherer. I'm not great at building.
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

An Admin on Prism!!

Jason397a
Noob
Noob

Postby Jason397a » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:13 pm

Yep, definitely doing it.

evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Postby evered » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:19 pm

I would love to help in any ways! but the thing is that im planing to make a village with jsaw and stuff... so idk if i really want to live in the town... but we'll have to see! (AND IM SUPER BAD AT BUILDING unless its animals)

HaggisPK

Postby HaggisPK » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:26 pm

I would love to help in any ways! but the thing is that im planing to make a village with jsaw and stuff.
If you build a path from your town to the world tree town that would be perfect! I really want to be able to walk from one settlement to another so as long as there is a path then you'll be helping the build. :)

Sstavix
CCGR addict

Postby Sstavix » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:08 pm

I don't mind resource gathering. In fact, I love exploring for underground lava pools and turning them into - and mining - obsidian.

And although I don't have any plans to live within a settlement either (I still like the idea of building a remote "New Idaho") I do love the idea of a road network connecting different regions, and wouldn't mind helping with road construction and installing navigational signs.
"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery, and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." -- Noah Webster

HaggisPK

Postby HaggisPK » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:50 am

I don't mind resource gathering. In fact, I love exploring for underground lava pools and turning them into - and mining - obsidian.

And although I don't have any plans to live within a settlement either (I still like the idea of building a remote "New Idaho") I do love the idea of a road network connecting different regions, and wouldn't mind helping with road construction and installing navigational signs.

That would be rad if we had someone on the job for connecting the places, and the signs means we could have names for the different regions within the world. so when someone says they are in (lets just pick a name out if the air) Minderhall then we know what part of the world they are in.
which i think is so so cool rather than giving out xyz q's to everyone.

Sstavix
CCGR addict

Postby Sstavix » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:20 am

That would be rad if we had someone on the job for connecting the places, and the signs means we could have names for the different regions within the world. so when someone says they are in (lets just pick a name out if the air) Minderhall then we know what part of the world they are in.
which i think is so so cool rather than giving out xyz q's to everyone.
I think that most people have a name for their place that they claim as their own, even if they aren't terribly public about it. For example, Lizard Cove, Serpent's Lair, the Forest of Fangs, the Fortress of Solitude....

OK, I borrowed that one from my buddy, Clark. He speaks fondly of it, but I don't know where it is....

Return to “Minecraft”