Super Massive Build Collab anyone?

All Minecraft posts go here
Jaredk105

Re: Super Massive Build Collab anyone?

Postby Jaredk105 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:48 pm

But my question is, do we want it floating in a mountain range? Or over the ocean? If you have better ideas for location let us know!
I have thought about this, and I think the ocean location would be the best. Since oceans simply consist of empty air space and water, the island would stand out in a much more dramatic way. What does everyone else think?

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!

Postby Sstavix » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:09 pm

That would make it hard to build a road to it. ;)

But I like the idea. The road could end at a dock with a sign reading "BYOB (Bring Your Own Boat)".
"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery, and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." -- Noah Webster

My blog: Writing from Idaho

HaggisPK

Postby HaggisPK » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:24 am

I think having a port town on the shore closest to the floating island would be good enough but this port town doesn't only have a boat dock but also an airship dock as well; for transporting goods too and from the floating island.

On another note I'm going to start a list of our village concepts and what names we have decided for them.
If you have name ideas for the current villages we have in mind please comment! Also if you have ideas for other towns we should build; and what biome they should be in and what would be suitable name for them. Comment with those ideas too!

LTB_Strax_Core
Gamer
Gamer

Postby LTB_Strax_Core » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:10 am

So here is what I'm thinking. For those who want to help they help with what they are comfortable with. If you love Redstone then let's do some really cool stuff for the floating island. If you love building then let's have a build team. If you don't feel comfortable with designing buildings or placing the blocks then we could really use some resource gatherers! To make these look good we will need a ton of resources and a lot of hard to find resources too, so if you would rather travel across the land searching far and wide for rare items like nether brick and quartz, coloured shulker boxes, mossy and broken stone bricks and other stuff like that we could really use that sort of help!

For the island we need someone who is good with terrain, someone that can make it look natural and not like it was man-made. Also placement of the island is important. It can be further from the world tree but we will have to see the map when the reset hits. But my question is, do we want it floating in a mountain range? Or over the ocean? If you have better ideas for location let us know!
I'm a redstoner! (sorry it took a while to respond! Went 4 day camping, just got back 30 minutes ago as of the time I'm sending this)

Coals_of_fire

Postby Coals_of_fire » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:19 am

don't know what help i will be but I have made a big tree by mine base (tree fort deliver) if you what idea to look at and at this time i am make a floating island in the current world and i like working with redstone too. the tree i made goes up to about 125 build height. later all

HaggisPK

Postby HaggisPK » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:00 am

don't know what help i will be but I have made a big tree by mine base (tree fort deliver) if you what idea to look at and at this time i am make a floating island in the current world and i like working with redstone too. the tree i made goes up to about 125 build height. later all
lets build a concept in creative to get the right shape we are looking for, you and i can tag team designing it, i cant wait till reset then we can start on this!

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict

Postby ZappierVirus » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:29 am

That would be rad if we had someone on the job for connecting the places, and the signs means we could have names for the different regions within the world. so when someone says they are in (lets just pick a name out if the air) Minderhall then we know what part of the world they are in.
which i think is so so cool rather than giving out xyz q's to everyone.
I think that most people have a name for their place that they claim as their own, even if they aren't terribly public about it. For example, Lizard Cove, Serpent's Lair, the Forest of Fangs, the Fortress of Solitude....

OK, I borrowed that one from my buddy, Clark. He speaks fondly of it, but I don't know where it is....
LOL
Took me a second to get the joke :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like a great idea to me! Once we chose a place for the creative concept area I would love to help build!
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.

TheKingM8
Noob
Noob

Postby TheKingM8 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:41 am

I can help with building. I'm pretty good at small buildings, paths, and interiors. I was thinking of building a desert compound that would be a "Area 51" type thing. Maybe the flying saucer could be next to it?

Jaredk105

Postby Jaredk105 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:45 am

I was thinking of building a desert compound that would be a "Area 51" type thing. Maybe the flying saucer could be next to it?
That sounds like a great idea to me! It would fit into the setting nicely. Do you plan on living in the desert compound? That could make us neighbors! XD

TheKingM8
Noob
Noob

Postby TheKingM8 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:15 am

I was thinking of building a desert compound that would be a "Area 51" type thing. Maybe the flying saucer could be next to it?
That sounds like a great idea to me! It would fit into the setting nicely. Do you plan on living in the desert compound? That could make us neighbors! XD
Yeah it will be my main base. Might expand underground too.

HaggisPK

Postby HaggisPK » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:12 am

kk guys the new world is out!
so we can start building like crazy right? ... well, not quite yet.
I want to wait and gather materials before the dynamic map is up. then when it does go up, at that point we will choose the perfect location for the world tree.

So untill then, please gather all the wood you can, stone, dirt, netherbrick, all that stuff. then we will have a healthy amount of resources to work with when the building starts.
thanks guys!
-HaggisPK

evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Postby evered » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:54 am

Wait this might be a testing world so we might not want to be so ambitious. :wink:

Return to “Minecraft”