Random questions about Prism!

All Minecraft posts go here
LTB_Strax_Core
Gamer
Gamer

Random questions about Prism!

Postby LTB_Strax_Core » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:38 am

I wanted to have a place to ask questions that the general public of Prism would benefit from, so I made it! Anyways, to get this question forum started,
What is the seed for the resource world?

Comotto

Re: Random questions about Prism!

Postby Comotto » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:17 pm

Why don't we follow ACTS 2:44 and build as a team in survival and resource? Extensive personal builds kept in creative? This would limit duplication of farms and not overburden the server.

CARZ

That_Helpful_Guy

Postby That_Helpful_Guy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:52 pm

Why don't we follow ACTS 2:44 and build as a team in survival and resource? Extensive personal builds kept in creative? This would limit duplication of farms and not overburden the server.

CARZ
Hmm. This sounds like another monastery project for some order of Minecraft pseudo-monks, which personally, I've always wanted to be part of one. You see the community among... communities. It's not server-wide, but there are places (I live in one), where there are shared farms. If you want to build a monastery for like-minded people, I'll gladly join and help.

Blessings,
Helpful

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Role-Playing Resume:
Has impersonated a dead deer with telepathy
Has scared the daylights out of people with telepathy
Has gotten pay lowered and raised within the same day due to telepathy

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:31 pm

We don't give out world seeds because they can be exploited (example: taking the seed and putting it in for a single player world and then pinpointing where all the rare ore is and then come back on here and collect it all).
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

An Admin on Prism!!

LTB_Strax_Core
Gamer
Gamer

Postby LTB_Strax_Core » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:36 pm

How would one do that? I didn't know that was possible...

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:36 pm

Here's the example above in a little bit more detail. You would copy the world seed into a single player world. Then (probably using creative or spectator) pinpoint where all the diamond ore veins are, write down their coords, and then join the server and go to those coords and mine all the diamonds.
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

An Admin on Prism!!

Comotto

Postby Comotto » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:03 pm

Here's the example above in a little bit more detail. You would copy the world seed into a single player world. Then (probably using creative or spectator) pinpoint where all the diamond ore veins are, write down their coords, and then join the server and go to those coords and mine all the diamonds.
Would kinda take the fun out of it.

CARZ

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict

Postby ZappierVirus » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:12 pm

Would kinda take the fun out of it.

CARZ
Exactly!
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.

Sstavix
CCGR addict

Postby Sstavix » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:41 am

Random question!

There seems to be several players to the southwest of Lizard Cove (which is located at 3005, 1947 on the dynamic map). Hi there!

Anywho, one thought I had about my region would be some sort of a road through my property. I kind of liked the idea of Lizard Cove being a waystop / tourist destination.

But seeing the activity down there made me wonder if there should be some sort of connection between roads. This is just tossing an idea out to the community as a whole, but would there be much support for a lit road network to connect the properties of those who wanted to make it easier to find their places?

Those who have their properties protected with Worldguard (is that plug-in still working?) can design the roads how they wish within their own borders. For outside protected regions, though, it could be a joint effort to get the roads built.

Of course those who don't want a road running to / through their property don't have to participate. But what about anyone else? Or am I alone in this idea?
"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery, and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." -- Noah Webster

My blog: Writing from Idaho

Comotto

Postby Comotto » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:12 am

Random question!

There seems to be several players to the southwest of Lizard Cove (which is located at 3005, 1947 on the dynamic map). Hi there!

Anywho, one thought I had about my region would be some sort of a road through my property. I kind of liked the idea of Lizard Cove being a waystop / tourist destination.

But seeing the activity down there made me wonder if there should be some sort of connection between roads. This is just tossing an idea out to the community as a whole, but would there be much support for a lit road network to connect the properties of those who wanted to make it easier to find their places?

Those who have their properties protected with Worldguard (is that plug-in still working?) can design the roads how they wish within their own borders. For outside protected regions, though, it could be a joint effort to get the roads built.

Of course those who don't want a road running to / through their property don't have to participate. But what about anyone else? Or am I alone in this idea?
Like the idea, can discuss more when ccgr decides on reset type.

CARZ

That_Helpful_Guy

Postby That_Helpful_Guy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Hehe. Well, I was actually planning on building a road network for my delivery service project.

Role-Playing Resume:
Has impersonated a dead deer with telepathy
Has scared the daylights out of people with telepathy
Has gotten pay lowered and raised within the same day due to telepathy

Comotto

Postby Comotto » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:37 pm

Hehe. Well, I was actually planning on building a road network for my delivery service project.

OK

CARZ

Trix_110

Postby Trix_110 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:16 pm

CARZ
If we all build all that every player needs then what we want to build will be completed and built by someone else. The players will soon and very quickly get bored and the amount of useral players will dramatically decrease over time. Above all of this the world reset will also be demanded ever more frequently.

Plus I build most of my stuff alone.

Comotto

Postby Comotto » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:44 pm

CARZ
If we all build all that every player needs then what we want to build will be completed and built by someone else. The players will soon and very quickly get bored and the amount of useral players will dramatically decrease over time. Above all of this the world reset will also be demanded ever more frequently.

Plus I build most of my stuff alone.
I understand that players join for different reasons (e.g. fellowship, creativity, etc.) and maybe because I travel thru survival world more than most, it just seems rather inefficient to have 20 villager farms, 20 Aqua temples, multiple spawners making the same items et al. There are some groups that have created mini-communities in which individuals contribute according to their interests but I know that doesn't work for everyone. Just trying to think of ways to improve server performance.

CARZ

Sstavix
CCGR addict

Postby Sstavix » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:53 am

I may have missed it (I don't spend much time in this part of the forum... or in Minecraft, actually) but have you discussed this here? I'd like to learn more!
"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery, and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." -- Noah Webster

My blog: Writing from Idaho

Return to “Minecraft”