What do I do now? The Third!

All Minecraft posts go here
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict

Re: What do I do now? The Third!

Postby ZappierVirus » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:14 am

My main priority is getting iron gear. It provides enough protection that you can survive most hostile mobs.
I had trouble doing that with diamond armor. Stupid creepers....
After that I go for diamonds and an enchantment table, preferably with full bookshelves. Then I cycle the 30 level hint until I can guarantee Fortune 3 on a Diamond Pickaxe. Then I do diamond mining. I use those diamonds to make armor, and I cycle the enchantment hint until I can guarantee Protection 4. Then I use enchanted books to improve my armor pieces.
How do you get to level 30? I think the highest I've managed to get was around 16. Then I got killed by a stupid creeper....

Along the way I try to get a mending villager so I can keep my powerful weapons and armor intact.
What is a mending villager? I don't think I've ever seen one of those....

I know you tried to answer my question, but now it raised more questions! :lol: I suppose the first thing I need to do is try and get a mine together to find coal and iron, then see where I can go from there.
(Follow Up Post)

Mending Villagers is a term for a librarian villager that sells a mending enchanted book. You can also have Protection 4 villagers, Sweeping Edge 3 villagers, and so on.

Without an enderman farm I usually hunt mobs. However, this is much slower than a monster spawner grinder. If you can turn a Mob Spawner into an XP farm you can farm XP easily. Enderman farms are high level end game constructions, so hunting or a Mob Spawner farm is enough for starting needs.

Hope this explains your questions!
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!

Postby Sstavix » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:40 am

I suspected that I may have had a zombie spawner underneath my area, since I kept hearing them in a cave near my promenade (the walkway running along the south side of the bay). However, I never had a chance to explore that cave and find out for sure. My youngest daughter helped to point out some of the things to watch for in terms of dungeons and spawners, so she's been a handy resource for learning about Minecraft, too. :)
"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery, and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." -- Noah Webster

My blog: Writing from Idaho

Sstavix
CCGR addict

Postby Sstavix » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:29 am

Yay, new server! ... but what should I do first? :lol:

Usually, when I start up a new game, I begin by taking a look around (sometimes by flying) and building a home near the spawn point. Obviously, that's not an option here. Neither is switching it to peaceful just so I won't have to worry about monsters (I don't like having to fight, if I can help it). The last time I started on the prior server, I was able to scout around the map until I found a nice, open plot of land that looked nice (hence, Lizard Cove). It was a bit harrowing to get over there (especially since it was my very first time on a multiplayer server in Minecraft!), but rewarding.

But how should I approach this one? My first inclination is to take off in an unexplored direction, just to help fill out the map. But I'm also wondering if I should take a trip to the resource world first and gather some supplies before embarking on this jaunt across the survival world.

Any thoughts? Or should I just jump in and hope for the best?
"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery, and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." -- Noah Webster

evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Postby evered » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:36 am

To many words. So many things. All I say... is

REINDEERS ROCK! (Sorry caps) :D

Sstavix
CCGR addict

Postby Sstavix » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:47 am

I don't think I've seen a reindeer in Minecraft. Is it a new spawn? ;)

evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Postby evered » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:52 am

I don't think I've seen a reindeer in Minecraft. Is it a new spawn? ;)

I see you never met me in game... I'm a reindeer. Get with it. :)

Sstavix
CCGR addict

Postby Sstavix » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:56 am

You know, I don't think I have ever met you in the game!

... do you have a red nose?

I'm a lizard!

evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Postby evered » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:59 am

You know, I don't think I have ever met you in the game!

... do you have a red nose?

I'm a lizard!
... I'm not Rudolph.. he is so stuck up...
Anyways yeah lizards are cool... *tries not to laugh*

evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Postby evered » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:02 am

IMG_2043.JPG
IMG_2043.JPG (68.57 KiB) Viewed 588 times

Sstavix
CCGR addict

Postby Sstavix » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:36 am

For those curious, I've started a new journal! It is in the "Creative Writing" section of the forums.

I'll try to keep more up-to-date with this one than I did with the last....

evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Postby evered » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:06 am

For those curious, I've started a new journal! It is in the "Creative Writing" section of the forums.

I'll try to keep more up-to-date with this one than I did with the last....
YUSSSSSSS!!! :D

Sstavix
CCGR addict

Postby Sstavix » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:02 am

I have a question, and I'm not sure if it's just me. I've met a couple people in-game since the big reset, but their characters just look like white cube people. There aren't any other details or faces or anything. Could this simply be my connection? Or is there something funky going on with the server?

And how do I look in the game? Do I look like white cubes as well?

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:20 am

Normally if other people look like Steve or Alex even if they truly don't use either skin then it's because they are having trouble connecting to the skin servers (something that lets their skin appear in-game).

But just plain white cubes? No idea, never seen that happen before. Maybe try relogging when that happens?
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!

Sstavix
CCGR addict

Postby Sstavix » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:54 pm

So... after losing my laptop, I'm gradually rebuilding with my "new" hand-me-down laptop. I have re-installed Minecraft and am now trying to determine what texture packs to use.

Since this laptop has a Radeon graphics card, I also am looking into shaders. I've tried one that received good reviews called "Sonic's Unbelievable Shaders" or something like that, and it does add some nice light and shadow effects to the game... but makes all of the grass and trees sway as if they are made of Jell-O and add quite a bit of lag to the game (I don't think I could even fight with this much lag...). Are there any shaders that other people might recommend?

Return to “Minecraft”