Villages, Villagers, Village Building and T.H.R.I.V.E.

All Minecraft posts go here

What are your top 3 favorite villager professions?

Farmer
28%
Fisherman
No votes
Fletcher
No votes
Shepard
2%
Butcher
No votes
Leatherworker
2%
Librarian
19%
Cartographer
5%
Cleric
9%
Tool Smith
9%
Weapon Smith
16%
Armorer
5%
Generic
5%

Total votes: 43

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict

Villages, Villagers, Village Building and T.H.R.I.V.E.

Postby ZappierVirus » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:25 pm

Hi!
It seems that quite a few people are interested in villages and villagers, so I made a topic all about villagers and villagers.
Feel free to post anything about villagers and villages, ask for help with village things, talk about good villager trades, or post pictures of your village. (Still trying to figure out how to post pics, anybody out there know?)
Thanks, Zap
Last edited by ZappierVirus on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict

Re: Villages, Villagers and Village Building

Postby ZappierVirus » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:53 pm

If i successfully posted this picture this is the house I use in the "Traditional" Village style to boost the door count.
Attachments
2016-01-04_08.39.31.png
Village House for boosting Door Count
2016-01-04_08.39.31.png (164.66 KiB) Viewed 2123 times

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict

Postby ZappierVirus » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:05 pm

Ok good I was able to post that picture.
Anyway, the "Traditional" village style I mentioned mostly functions like a regular village. Natural villages are too small to have enough doors for villager breeding, but the house in the previous picture boosts the door count significantly. Several of these houses can boost the door count high enough to get over 200 villagers. "Traditional" villages are above ground, so they need walls to keep zombies out. I almost always build my villages "Traditional" because it is perfect for increasing population rapidly. However, "Traditional" villages are one of the most resource intensive village styles because the houses require lots of wooden doors and the walls can be expensive to build. If one wants to build farms for farmers "Traditional" villages have the needed land. Even though villagers cannot farm animals or use fishing rods I included animal farms and a fishing shack in my village.
I hope this is a good guide to "Traditional" village building.
Last edited by ZappierVirus on Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:14 pm

My strategy to building villages is making a really long wall that is 6 blocks high(so the villagers don't escape and the zombies can't get in). Then I extend the inside part of the village wall ( and recently outside as well) by 3 blocks (width and height) and add doors. The game counts those doors as village houses and allows my villagers to breed. So after I add those doors I repeat again on the other half of the wall that is free. After I do so I seriously add like (depending on wall size) 6-10 stacks of doors (which btw I'm really glad the 1.8 update extended the door recipe to have 3 doors and allowed them to stack). In my most recent village I made I repeated this again but on the outside of the walls (and include a extremely short wall about 2-3 blocks high so the zombies can't get in). After I do that I light the village everywhere and have another player do a security check on it. Then I cure 2 or so zombie villagers and bring them into the village and give them a stack or 2 of bread. Then all I have to do is wait for the villagers to breed. I may also add a farm or 2 in the village and may have a house or 2. Even though it's extremely costly in wood it is one of the best ways to increase population (and wood is really common). In about a month (maybe longer) I went from 2 villagers to 190 villagers and 0 iron golems to 19 iron golems. Another nice bonus is since due to the doors being in the wall actual looking "houses" are not required and allows much more easier transportation throughout the village and you don't have to run into houses.
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

An Admin on Prism!!

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict

Postby ZappierVirus » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:41 pm

Great Idea!

BlockHeadLewie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby BlockHeadLewie » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:24 pm

Here I go again showing off how much of a blockhead I am (lol?):
I am presuming there is a limit of villagers spawning per blocks squared?
Are golems automatically created when a certain number of villagers spawn?
I read how doors are actually considered doors in MC. Is there a limit of doors for villagers or vice-versa?
I have more, but these will do for now!
Peace!
8)

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:36 pm

Haha I'll help out...
A to Q 1. Technically in a village you can have unlimited villagers but the number of villagers you have depends on how many valid doors you have. (There is a glitch that allows infinite villager breeding in a small area)
A to Q 2. Yes, 1 iron golem spawns per every 10 villagers and 21 valid doors.
A to Q 3. Not really but as you get more doors you will have to expand to add more doors to your village. Which can eventually lead to adding more doors extremely hard (if you run into a mountain or have extremely uneven terrain).

I'll answer any more questions that come my way about villages and villagers! :D

1.12 is here!

An Admin on Prism!!

TheAlexTDB
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby TheAlexTDB » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:55 pm

So, what are the benefits to hundreds of villagers? I've never really had a good experience with them lol :lol:
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict

Postby ZappierVirus » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:21 am

The benefits to lots of villagers are mostly getting lots of emeralds. Apart from a small amount of lag with lots of villagers, there is not really anything bad about them. Having lots of librarians can lead to good enchanted book trades, and having lots of other villagers creates the emerald reserves needed to trade valuable deals with librarians. Also, librarians sell name tags, armorers sell chain armor and clerics sell bottles of enchanting. Also, many villagers have coal trades, making 18-24 coal = 1 emerald. Mainly, I use emeralds to trade for iron with other players and get cheap enchanted books.

This topic and most of my other threads really exploded tonight. I thought they was going to die like other threads.

TheAlexTDB
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby TheAlexTDB » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:30 am

Haha nah, We'll keep this one alive for a bit ;)

So, can the general public use these mc village things, or are they private?
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict

Postby ZappierVirus » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:35 am

Some are private, some are public. Mine is public because the trading helps boost the population and the players get resources. Both me and other players gain from my village being public, so i keep it that way. I have instructions on how to get to my village at my shop. JesusIsLord713 has a large village as well, if he is around he will teleport others to his village, he advertises that service at his shop. I don't know if JesusIsLord713 is ok with players trading when he is not in game, but I can check. His librarians always seem to have better trades that mine.

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:50 am

I'm not extremely bright on the idea of letting other players trade in my village while I'm online. I don't want players to possibly destroy and kill the villagers. However I will allow more trusted friends to trade with my villagers anytime they like (whether I'm online or offline).

1.12 is here!

An Admin on Prism!!

Comotto

Postby Comotto » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:14 am

For the first time, I found a villager abuser. In 'world' southeast desert biome 2164E 2373S, some1 has claimed a village but instead of fortifying it against mobs, the doors are blocked to prevent the villagers to roam. I will be contacting the ACLU Minecraft division to help with their liberation. Maybe a social media page 'HELP FREE THE VILLAGERS'!

CARZ

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict

Postby ZappierVirus » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:56 pm

Actually, blocking doors is one of the 1st steps of village protection. Keeping the villagers from roaming lets the player light up and fortify the village without villagers in the way. Also, keeping them inside prevents zombies from getting to them.
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.

Comotto

Postby Comotto » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:32 pm

Actually, blocking doors is one of the 1st steps of village protection. Keeping the villagers from roaming lets the player light up and fortify the village without villagers in the way. Also, keeping them inside prevents zombies from getting to them.
Sounds like BIG Government interference, don't worry, we'll take care of you, this is for your own good.

CARZ

Return to “Minecraft”