Tutorial and Help With Our Plugins!

All Minecraft posts go here
StarvedArtist
Minecraft Server Admin

Tutorial and Help With Our Plugins!

Postby StarvedArtist » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:08 pm

• Here is a little tutorial help with some of our plugins :)

-How to Claim Land With WorldGuard-

To start off, you'll need a wooden axe. This is the tool used to claim land.

• How to Claim
    You take the wooden axe and hit one corner of the land you'd like to protect. It doesnt matter which button you use, it can be left or right. Then you go to the opposite corner of your land, the corner fartherest from you, and hit with whichever button you didn't use on the first corner. Once that's done, do '//expand vert' while standing inside the protected area. This will make the protection from sky to bedrock. After that, do '/rg d [Region Name] [Your in-game name]. You place whatever you would like to call your protected land in the [region name] area.

• TIP: Regions ARE case-sensitive.

We suggest you name your protected land your IGN because no regions can have the same name. So if someone takes Home as a name, no one else can name their region Home.

• /rg del [Region Name]
    This will delete the region you choose.

• /rg list
    Gives you a list of your created regions.

Once your region is made, we have a few flags you can allow or deny on it. A few of these we are working on how to make them automatically be in the protections, but we havent figured it out yet. The command to allow/deny flags is '/rg flag [Region Name] [Flag Name] [allow/deny]

• Enderpearls
    This stops players from being able to enderpearl into your protected land.

• water-flow
    This stops water from being able to flow into your land.

• lava-flow
    This stops lava from being able to flow into your land.

• use
    Use makes it where players can push buttons, do levers, pressure plates, open doors, etc like that. So if your okay with players LOOKING around your protection but not being able to take anything, then you would want to allow this. This is automatically set to deny so if you don't want people trespassing, then just leave this flag alone.

• Greeting
    This will add a greeting to anyone who walks into your region. To do a greeting, you do the same command but instead of allow or deny, you put what you want the greeting to say. If you'd like to take the greeting off, then do the flag again and don't type anything in the greeting space.

• Farewell
    This adds a farewell message to anyone who leaves your region.To do a farewell, you do the same command but instead of allow or deny, you put what you want the farewell to say. If you'd like to take the farewell off, then do the flag again and don't type anything in the greeting space.

-Player Access to your protected land-

• /rg addowner [Region Name] [Player in-game Name]
    Adds another owner to the region. Owners have full access to everything in the region.

• /rg addmember [Region Name] [Player in-game Name]
    Adds members to the region. They have less abilities than owners.

• /rg remowner [Region Name] [Player in-game Name]
    This deletes specified owners for that region.

• /rg remember [Region Name] [Player in-game Name]
    This deletes specified members for that region.

• TIP: You can add or delete more than one members/owners at once by simple putting a space between their in-game names.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

-How to Lock Things With LWC-

When a chest or furnace is placed, it is automatically locked. Doors and gates have to be locked by you.

• /cremove
    To take a protection off a chest or anything you have locked.

• /cprivate
    To protect a chest or door.

• /cmodify @USERNAME
    To add a player to a protected item or door so they can use it as well. You put their in-game name in the username spot.

• /cmodify -USERNAME
    To remove a player from a protected item or door. Put their in-game name in the username spot.

• You can add or remove multiple players at one time by doing the add or remove player command and putting a space between the names.
    ( Example - /cmodify @jsrcksaaf @K_Lego_Fan @DoctorRelic )

• /cdonation
    Creates a donation chest. Any players can look into the chest and add things to it, but no one can take from the chest except the owner of it.

• /cpassword ________
    Put your own secret password in the blank space and it will make a password protected chest or door. To make things easier, the chest will stay unlocked for you or anyone else you give the password to while you are online. Once you log out and back on, you will have to re enter the password.

• /cinfo
    You can see how a chest is protected and who the owner is.

• /cremoveall
    Removes ALL of your protections on anything you have protected.

• /lwc flag ______
    This will allow you to create auto furnaces and many other things with your chests still being protected. The flag name you will place in the blank space and the flag names are redstone, magnet, exemption, autoclose, allowexplosions and hopper.
    ( Example - /lwc flag hopper, would allow you to make auto furnaces and still be protected. You would just click on the chests and the furnaces and it will stay protected and still work. )

Keep in mind, A lot of the different protections like donations and passwords, You will have to do /cremove to remove the chest protection before being able to then add the new type of protection back on.

I WILL BE ADDING TO THIS LINK AS I WRITE IT UP.
Last edited by StarvedArtist on Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Jorgmeisterwork

Re: Tutorial and Help With Our Plugins!

Postby Jorgmeisterwork » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:13 pm

Is it any size limit? Or can I claim my whole village (120 by 12) with one block?

StarvedArtist
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby StarvedArtist » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:18 pm

When you place the block it should tell you how many blocks you have to claim. We can make it larger than that, We just decided on that ammount and we'll see how far it takes people and if they'll need more.

Jorgmeisterwork

Postby Jorgmeisterwork » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:22 pm

With the builds on my private areas alone im up in 15500 blocks in need of claiming ;) Plus the airplane in common area, and cooperate buildings other places.

StarvedArtist
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby StarvedArtist » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:57 pm

It's a a lot of claim blocks per protection block. So you would need multiple diamond blocks for all of that.

LegoFan560
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!

Postby LegoFan560 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:33 am

Thanks Star! Useful info.
@Cheryl: Thanks for a wonderful community. It is a pleasure and honor to be a part of it.

"Well then, carry on chaps."
-Deepfreeze32

"it's not malware guys it's linux ;)"
-ccgr

"Go play outside. That's what I'm going to do now."
-ccgr

jsrcksaaf

Postby jsrcksaaf » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:18 am

LWC automatically locks chests, if you want to make it public type /cremove in the chat window then you will punch the chest that you want to remove the lock on.

(Star, I had some one ask this the other day so I thought I would go ahead and add it)
"What so ever ye do, do it heartily as to the Lord"

StarvedArtist
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby StarvedArtist » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:04 pm

Added lwc guys!

Jorgmeisterwork

Postby Jorgmeisterwork » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:58 am

As it is by now, is my chests auto protected by the new plugin? I have not done anything with them in months, so they just sit there with a sign on in front.

-I hope its some admin that can give me some starting help with enough diamond blocks and points :) (Dont worry it isnt for cheating.. i just lack a lot of diamonds to claim it) Just need to know what time (london time) i should be on.

storm
Gamer
Gamer

Postby storm » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:22 pm

can you use the diamond protection on more than one site ?
i got the first home protected no worries (THANK YOU STAR BTW for that =] ) but I am on sneak and left clicking at my other one i want to protect but nothing even tried right clicking (and I kicked both the block and my computer not recommended as computer isnt happy with me now ) will try again but just was wandering if anyone has done it to a second home or if you can if not no worries
thank you
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (NKJV)
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” Greg King

StarvedArtist
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby StarvedArtist » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:42 pm

Yeah you can use as many as you want to protect anything. Did you make sure your ps is turned on before placing the block?

LegoFan560
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!

Postby LegoFan560 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:30 pm

I think the diamond block has to be inside the area you are protecting - i.e. if you have a second home you need a second diamond block. Is that correct, Star?
@Cheryl: Thanks for a wonderful community. It is a pleasure and honor to be a part of it.

"Well then, carry on chaps."
-Deepfreeze32

"it's not malware guys it's linux ;)"
-ccgr

"Go play outside. That's what I'm going to do now."
-ccgr

StarvedArtist
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby StarvedArtist » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:59 pm

Yes. If you have multiple builds that are seperate from each other then you'll need a diamond block for each build you wanna protect.

Jorgmeisterwork

Postby Jorgmeisterwork » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:08 pm

I was just thinking... the lapiz lazuli will be enough unless someone make a tnt cannon or lava from outside the Bounce area, right?
Diamonds are xpensive but not maybe necessary everywhere.

StarvedArtist
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby StarvedArtist » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:43 pm

Correct Jorg :)

I like this plugin a lot cause it has many different ways of protecting and some cost a lot, some are very cheap. You should ask look at the snitch and grief revert blocks cause those are good protectors as well and the grief revert, is someone griefs you then all you gotta do is simply click the block yourself and it'll all go back to normal.

Return to “Minecraft”