I've created a poll for this thread because I realized just today that my being an OP may make other people who've been here longer a little ruffled under the feathers. During the time of the creation of Jerusalem, I was made an Operative by ccgr. I could have taken this power with access to the server itself, but I did not. I wanted to show respect to all of you who now possess this honor.
That being said, I thought about this today, and realized that there are some people on here that probably don't have OP, but think that they should have it for whatever reasons.
So, I propose we take a closer look at what an OP is to this server; what he/she represents to us as a server; and come to a conclusion as to who should and should not have OP. Having just made this statement, I am more than willing to step down if you all wish it, or if my being an OP is not in line with the protocols of being one.
So, here's a little list as to the characteristics of a proposed OP that I would like to see as a player.
1) This is a Christian Server ("Christ Centered Gamer"). This proposed OP would have to be a Christian AND behave as one with wisdom, respect, and love.
2) This proposed OP would have to be one who always attempts to do what is best for the server, at times even if feelings are hurt by doing so. This usually comes into play with powers such as the use of commands, Creative, and the giving of the OP title itself.
3) The Operative should be a well-known and well-liked individual, and a regular player on the server. If I am gone for a month or longer, I should not remain an OP when I return, until I am playing regularly for another month at least.
4) An Operative should not stifle, but encourage creativity within the server. He/she should also keep order with the locations of theme structures, however.
5) Operatives do not argue, get angry, and quickly use their given command abilities for selfish reasons. Their 'yes' is well-thought and deliberate, and their 'no' means 'sorry, but no'. If there is a situation that may need a group decision, the Operative will use wisdom and post that concern/idea/problem on this forum for other OPs/players to help come to a conclusion/decision on the matter at hand.
6) The Operative is voted upon by other Operatives to obtain this position after interest for the position is known and requested within this forum, and the player has a proven record of being a responsible person suited for the task.
That's all I can think of. I encourage your response and feed-back to this topic, as usual. Let's see if more needs to be added to this list, or taken away.
Last edited by Cantore
on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.