Behold, the body of Adonis and the brain of a squirrel.

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Deepfreeze32 wrote: I mean, my main issues with vanilla Destiny 1 were:

Too little story.
Too little expositional worldbuilding.
Not enough characterization from the NPCs.

If the beta is anything to go on, it looks like they at least improved some of those. I just hope the main campaign is a little longer, or at least feels like it has more impact to it than vanilla Destiny 1's campaign which ended right as it was starting to get interesting. XD

How do you feel about wonky translations from other languages?
Did you play any of the DLC's? There was ton's of that stuff from TTK onwards. The first two not so much. But I'd say D2 meets all of those requirements as is. I don't want to spoil it though, so I'ma not say anything else.

Except that you'll want to hang onto any Madrugada SR2's you find. Also a good gun that at first looks like nothing special. It's not a quest or anything; just a nice gun. It's rare (as opposed to Legendary), so you may find it fairly soon into the game.

Also, the orange tag 'adventures' are treated like side missions within the game, but they're really tiny story missions, so make sure to play them (they're technically optional, practically awesome and helpful).

Wonky translations are better than no translations, if you can't read the language. Unless it involved bathroom signs or something, in which case it can turn out badly.
evered wrote:If you could be any animal in the world, What would it be?
A dragon. Flying and fire breathing would be awesome.

Barring that, probably a dog. Dog's are the greatest. <3 If at any point in my life I am as good as my dog is, I will consider myself a good person.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Well, there's some language in the article, but Ys VIII looks to be a special level of bad: https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/10/1645 ... h-ps4-vita

Also, Destiny 2 is pretty good so far. I finally cleared the first mission on Titan, and I love the maps so far. The story does seem to be moving a whole lot more than vanilla Destiny 1, which is a good thing. What was not so good was that one of my friends was unable to play it because his processor didn't support SSSE3. Despite the beta working fine without it. The heck, Bungie.

When you have two games that came at the same time and you really want to play both, but must choose?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
XD Nice. Wow. Just...nice. I'd keep the one they pictured, honestly.

Pleh. That's no fun. Was he able to get it refunded?

That's a good problem to have, actually. I tend to take the 'play one for a span of time, then try the other'. Depends on the type of game though; if it's an RPG, and I've just gotten to a really good part, I'll keep going and leave the other in reserve.

The risk between jumping is that, you could really love one game, and the other seems not as good in comparison though. So recently I've been completing one game before jumping to the next. At those rare moments when I have multiple new games.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
He ended up cannibalizing another computer and assembled a Frankenstein's computer that is capable of running Destiny 2. He is happily playing Destiny 2 now. XD

In my case, I have Destiny 2, and a really interesting Visual Novel. Last night, I decided I needed a break from Destiny 2, so I put the VN on, and wow...it's quite dark. XD

So who is the best new character in Destiny 2, and why is it Failsafe?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Oh. Well. That works too. XD

I do love Failsafe. She's a kinder, more human version of GladOS. And she only get's better as you play more stuff.

However, I like Ashir a lot too. He's got cool flavors once you get to know him. And the lady on Titan is basically Samus, down to her armor. And Devrim Kay is...hilariously British, I 'spose. He feels like he should be a supervillain, but he's not.

Actually, I like them all. The only one I'm not a huge, huge fan of is Suraya. Because I spent too much time fighting hideous evils in D1 to do anything but roll my eyes over her 'Guardians are over rated' attitude.

Yes. I took offense to a digital character's digital attitude about my digital character. >_>
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Devrim is definitely great, I haven't seen a ton of Ashir yet (I'm about to start the quest where you infiltrate a ship to get access to the Almighty or something), but the new characters are mostly awesome. But Failsafe is my favorite because of her interactions with Cayde-6 during that first quest you have to rescue him.

When you get enough faction reputation to get a reward, only to be told "lol, you need to be level 20 to get this, sucker"?

Happened to me last night, and now I gotta go finish the campaign and/or grind to level 20 to continue advancing my reputation with the EDZ. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
FOR THE LOVE OF COTTON SOCKS. Ah, Nathan Fillion. They could not have picked a better voice actor for Cayde.

Yeah, I did that too. I actually went off to grind for EDZ token for like...an hour, only to get punched in the spleen. I'm pleased that they give you exotics you can use before level 20 though.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
So I finished the main campaign of Destiny 2. Really liked it. Ghaul was one tough dude though. Now I guess I need to clear up those adventures and then get some friends to do Strikes together.

Anything I should know about Strikes in Destiny 2?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yeah. That last mission is great though. Kinda (kinda) disappointed that he just sorta...died. But I'm thinking since he really kind of 'ascended' that it's not the last we are going to hear from him.

Firstly, the rewards are done in the same style as everything else. Collect tokens, pull lever, hope for something besides a nickel-plated sissy pistol.

BUT...you've got a pretty fair chance of scoring engram drops, especially if you use a one of the medals. As I enjoy the strikes--and they generally change up the enemies/placement/dialogue each time--I don't mind this very much. There's only six or so strikes at the moment, and they've re-engineered them to the point that's it's very hard to solo them; the bosses are a lot tougher this time around.

Secondly, for nightfall's, make sure you pay attention to the modifiers. It was like that in Destiny 1, and it's kind of obvious, but it's not recommended anymore; with the time limit, it's necessary. It makes a world of difference to conform to the parameters than to just not worry about it. Again, I realize that's obvious, but in D1 there were usually cheese way's to beat the nightfalls that involved hiding in a magical spot until you killed the boss. That isn't really a thing anymore.

Thirdly, and this is key, Manannan SR4 is going to be your best friend. It is--to my knowledge--the only elemental scout rifle with explosive rounds. You can play to the weaknesses of your enemies even around corners. <3

Fourthly, the strike with Failsafe and the Fallen? You'll grow to hate it. XD
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Oh fun. XD Unfortunately most of the group I was planning to play with is MIA due to personal life stuff coming up pretty suddenly, but that's ok because I was kinda falling behind anyway. XD

So my power is currently 206, and I haven't completed all the adventures. Will completing the adventures give me better gear, or would I be better off grinding faction tokens to turn in for rewards? I'm planning to do the adventures either way, I just want to know what my gear acquisition strategy should be while I'm solo and waiting for people to sort their lives out.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are regular strikes in D2 not match-making on PC? Strikes are usually OK to play with random people, as it only requires knowing how to play the game and not special knowledge of stuff.

Either way, I've had good luck with the Destiny 2 App's LFG. Of the dozen or so times I've used it, only once have I had a bad experience, and it's enabled for PC now. You may want to give that a shot in the meantime.

I would say...do both at the same time? Most of the adventures place you in environments where you can still collect chests, complete objectives, or see public events, so you can build tokens whilst completing the adventures. Public Events are major in D2; you've got a chance for legendary engrams, as well as Exotic engrams and even faction tokens. Legendary PE's are actually the fastest way to farm exotic engrams.

But, to my knowledge, adventures will only ever reward you with Rare level gear, and tokens drop Legendary. So if you just want to increase your light level, I'd go ahead and finish the adventures first, because rare gear drops up to like...290. I've got a character at 299, and I still use a rare scout rifle.

But if you want Legendary gear (which is usually better, regardless of light) then the adventures won't help you. I don't think (but do not know) the Adventure rewards are light level locked. I think they drop at your level.

Except the Exotic missions. Make sure you complete the exotic mission/adventure thingums, as those will net you both Legendary and Exotic gear upon their completion. Also, a rage-preventing spoiler if you so desire:
Spoiler:
IF you come across rare or legendary Scout rifles you don't like, energy or kinetic, don't scrap them. Put them in your vault.
Also, complete your weekly milestones. Powerful Gear (when listed as a reward. It starts at a certain light level) will always be higher than your current light, up to the max light level.

I uh...I may have put too much time into this game. >_>
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Well, strikes do have matchmaking, but I was really wanting to do a first run with people I know, y'know? I'll give them until this weekend, at which point I'll just bite the bullet and Strike out on my own. :P

I completed all the Adventures last night, currently at 235. I see there are quests to do, but they recommend power levels of 260 or so. Maybe I'll dink around doing patrols and grinding tokens for various worlds. Those engrams you get from events and faction rewards are really lucrative.

What class have you been playing the most? And why?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
That's actually a difficult question. In D1, it was Titan all day every day. With a side order of Warlock when I needed to solo (self-revive is the soloer's best friend) something difficult.

In D2, not only have they removed the self-revive, the class reworks have given everyone some utility for most situations. So I find myself switching from class to class almost equally, depending on the objective or what I want to play that night. And to get the Powerful Gear milestones for each character.

Recently, I've been playing a lot of Nightstalker hunter. There's a pair of fancy pants that, when used correctly, can basically use your super to recharge your super. And I lurve that. <3 It's the only hunter class I use. He's also got some good escapes with his shadow dodging or smoke bombs. His speed is handy when you need to move instead of hunker down. No throwing knife though. -_-

If I need to be able to walk into a room of enemies and not die...surprisingly, I won't reach for my titan. I'll reach for my Voidwalked Warlock with the devour perk. It restores your health and grenade energy upon kills; not melee kills. Any kills. :O Bungie's going to nerf it hard, I think, because there's an item that allows you to basically make your fist do as much damage as a rocket launcher. XD You walk into a room, munch your grenade to gain devour, and then start swinging. You can make Ultra's stagger with a melee attack, and every kill completely restores your health. Makes me wonder why the Arcstrider Hunter only get's health regeneration upon kill, which isn't as good.

If I need lot's of booms and explosions, I'ma use my Titan Striker. Havoc fist is no longer a one-trick pony, and the dual pulse grenades (also, I think, going to be nerfed) are ludicrously lethal.

So...all of them?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hmm, I can appreciate that logic, I think. I'm thinking I might create some alts for each class, but I've also been enraptured in a visual novel. XD

I can't remember if I showed you this, but it's from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne. It plays when you fight Dante (From Devil May Cry), and, well, I think it's cool.

Thoughts?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I've heard that creating alts is the fastest way to raise your light level. Complete all the weekly milestones on one character, then--since light is calculated across characters--complete them on your second character to gain even higher light, then complete them on your third alt to gain even higher light.

But I shudder at the thought of how much time that would take a newly established player. I'm pretty sure you have to complete the story over again (I did, at any rate) to reach the tower, and that's at least a 10 hour proposition for each character. Because light doesn't start accumulating until level 20, so the story isn't any faster.

As for the song, that was really cool. ^_^ Very dancy. XD