Ask a Question, Get Deep!

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I didn't get any new expansions until TTK, so I was playing vanilla for...yeesh. Six months or so. And then RoI dropped the next year.

However, I think Bungie's solution is hilarious. They gave people exactly what they wanted...only it's not what they wanted. XD Sad about the Prometheus Len's though. I haven't had so much fun in Crucible in awhile. I miss the crazy super charged mode.

Monster Hunter?
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Rate these in order of importance to your taste:
Waffles
Pancakes
French toast

Do you make your own or use a toaster?
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Chozon1 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:04 am I didn't get any new expansions until TTK, so I was playing vanilla for...yeesh. Six months or so. And then RoI dropped the next year.

However, I think Bungie's solution is hilarious. They gave people exactly what they wanted...only it's not what they wanted. XD Sad about the Prometheus Len's though. I haven't had so much fun in Crucible in awhile. I miss the crazy super charged mode.

Monster Hunter?

I'm going to sorely miss that Prometheus Lens combat, I played more Crucible than PvE over the weekend. XD

I'll be honest, I never really got into Monster Hunter. So when they announced that the beta for Monster Hunter World would be available for PS Plus members, well, I decided to give it a shot.

O. M. G.

I'm in love with this. I've not had this much fun with an action RPG in a long time. It simultaneously scratches the combat-mastery itch of Dark Souls while also being far less gloomy and grim. The amount of mechanical complexity on display is stunning. Plus the gameplay loop of exploration, tracking, and fighting the monsters is some of the most fun I've had in a long time.

Plus the game is just so stinking pretty. I've seen some people argue that it looks too "soft" or whatever. I don't buy that. I think the visual style suits the game perfectly. It has that sort of artistic style I think will remain pretty some years from now.

In short: Monster Hunter World is one of my most-anticipated games of 2018, and it's coming out in a little over a month. I NEEEEDDDD IIIIIITTTTTTT.

BlockHeadLewie wrote: Rate these in order of importance to your taste:
Waffles
Pancakes
French toast

Do you make your own or use a toaster?
Hmm, if I'm being honest, the order you listed them is already how I feel if you go from "favorite" to "least favorite." French toast isn't bad, but I prefer pancakes to it. Waffles are king for me. Can't get enough of those.

I don't think you can toast pancakes in a toaster, but it's been a long time since I've had frozen pancakes so I fully admit I could be wrong. But I generally prefer to make my own, unless I'm in a rush. Then I find some frozen waffles to throw in the toaster.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
It's a vastly under-rated RPG. Beautiful world aside, MHW is actually mechanically similar to the 4th one on the 3DS, down to me basically not having to use a guide to figure out the controls (save for the insect Glaive, which is complicated on a good day. :P ).

When you go to leave legitimate feedback only to find the feedback forum filled with 12 year old angry trolls?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
The Insect Glaive was a cool weapon, but yeah, I'll need a guide for that one. XD

Oh, so GameFAQs? :P
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
It's not for everyone, but it's the most entertaining weapon in the game. For me at least. The strategy behind using it is completely off-kilter from a normal weapon. It also allows you to jump from any point on the ground, which may not be a big deal in World, but it's huge in the previous iterations.

Also, the Bungie forums are just as bad. Worse, perhaps. I wrote some feedback regarding Guardian class balance and browsed the forums just for fun...I feel for Bungie. I really do. You could not pay me enough to be a Bungie PR person.

The last Jedi?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yeah, I have to admit, while Destiny 2 is a hot mess of conflicting game systems, the core gameplay is super fun. So when I people screeching about how Bungie has betrayed them or whatever with something, I just go "Well if you don't enjoy it...don't play it?"

Haven't seen it yet. Probably won't see it a for a while. I've heard some people say they loved it, others didn't like it. I even heard one person say it was a "disgrace to Star Wars." Well, that's what I thought TFA was, so maybe I'll love it. I read a review that basically said "The only problems I have with this movie, other than some pacing issues, are the direct result of TFA. JJ Abrams sets up "mystery boxes" that TLJ is forced to deal with when the movie otherwise would be better served to not contend with."

So it sounds like TLJ will not improve my opinion of TFA, but it might be pretty good. I will watch it with a twinge of bitterness, however, because I outright refuse to go see IX without pirating it. I will not support JJ Abrams as a filmmaker anymore, and I fully expect to despise IX just as much as TFA.

I might, however, be willing to watch this future Rian Johnson trilogy.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yeah, but I'd never watch a Del Toro film if I did that, which means I would have missed the Hobbit movies and Trollhunters, both of which are excellent. Refusing to see the movie because of Abrams is like...refusing to eat a sammich because it came from McDonalds. And then smashing said sammich under your foot, spiting yourself of a tasty lunch but not really hurting McDonalds at all. But worse, because it ignores all the work and other hands that went into the movie. Cinematographers, actors. Special effects teams. Screenwriters (who actually did a good job this time. It wasn't a remake of The Empire Strikes Back. :P ).

Also worse because... I'm fussing at you because I don't know how to feel about the movie and your refusing to see it means I can't rant about it without breaking my no spoiler rule. XD I feel like I need to see it again because now I am not afraid the whole time that they'll screw it up. XD

Wrapping gifts?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Oh, I do plan to see TLJ at some point, I just don't want to see IX. XD I'll post in your ask thread when I finish it, so we can discuss.

Wrapping is fun. Shopping for them is not... XD
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
How deep can i get with my questions?
This is my signature
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
As deep as you want, but some questions may not get a deep answer if they pry too deeply. :P
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
How low can you go?
This is my signature
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Depends. My watch is only tested for water resistance, but not immersion. I've never really been able to dive below 10 feet at most.

Or if we're talking about the limbo, I have the flexibility of a tree trunk, so....not low at all.

Or if we're talking about low humor, well, you probably don't want to know. :P
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Chocolate covered nuts?
This is my signature
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
They're alright. I tend to prefer chocolate-covered fruit if I'm being honest.