My new fish tank project

Let your creative side be seen by others. Share your writings, visual arts, created music, and anything else here. Also the place for forum-based role playing.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Here's my current 26 gallon tank:

My in-laws gave me a 60 gallon acrylic tank that hasn't been used in 20+ years and had some scratches in the front. Sadly I didn't take any before pictures. But here's a picture of it outside after Jay and I buffed out most of the scratches.

Jay and I assembled the stand and I put on the backdrop and are waiting on the pump, and heater to begin the transplant!

TheAlexTDB
Minecraft Server Admin
Aww man that looks nice! What are you gonna put in it?
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
moving over all the other fish and will probably add some angel fish later on
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

The fish have been moved voer. There has been one casualty, neon tetras do not adjust well it seems. I also noticed that one of my fish is missing, it must have died in the past few days. *shrug*

I am also disappointed to see a couple of new scratches after I spent a lot of time removing many of them. The fact that it hasn't been 24 hours and new scratches exist infuriates me. I think this will be the last acrylic tank I own (with kids).

I had to get a new light fixture and it sure does look nice and highlights some of the tanks other imperfections. Oh well. :(

It still does look nice though and the rest of my fish are happy. Added 2 angel fish and another catfish to help with the bigger floor area :)
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Very cool!
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens