The Final Fantasy Thread

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Nix wrote:Light, Vanille and Hope are my normal team, especially when I needed a Rav. Light is a well balanced character, making a good Com or Rav... though a better Rav overall.

However, Fang is the best Com in the entire game, packing the most power. So I also understand your party Kenny. :p

So. Drew. Once you get to the final boss, tell me if you think he's as easy as I found him. Seriously... he seems soooo over powered at first, slaughtered my party the first couple times... until I went the patient route and put on the buffs and debuffs. Then I did the slaughtering. :p
My team is typically Light, Fang and Hope. I don't much like Vanille, because she's the weakest character in the game. Though Hope isn't much better....

Anyway, from what I understand, I have to go against the Proudclad again.... and then I get to the final boss. Is that pretty much correct?
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Nix
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
Drewsov wrote:My team is typically Light, Fang and Hope. I don't much like Vanille, because she's the weakest character in the game. Though Hope isn't much better....

Anyway, from what I understand, I have to go against the Proudclad again.... and then I get to the final boss. Is that pretty much correct?
Light as a Rav, Fang as a Com and Hope as a Rav will pretty much decimate weaker to decently powered enemies. 4srs

And... yep, that is the case. You fight the Proudclad twice, the second time soon-ish before the final boss.

"Kissaki Kai is not like fighting an opponent, it is an execution."
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
I read something about Final Fantasy XV possibly being announced in January at some Square Enix event. Would be sweet if true but I'm gonna try not to get my hopes up.
Nix
Site Admin
Site Admin
That would be totally sweet, but an announcement at this time would be as painful as the FFXIII one was, as it'll be 4-5 years until it actually comes out. :P

Drewsov
CCGR addict
Well, I was chugging away, hit a save point, then a cutscene... which promptly froze, but kept having text running through it. This happened four times, so trying an install. If that doesn't work, I give up. XD

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Nix
Site Admin
Site Admin
If that doesn't work... get that thar PS3 version.

*PS3 version ran perfectly from start to finish*

/fact

Drewsov
CCGR addict
Nah, it's scratches on the disc.

I'm almost always good at keeping discs nice, which is why this annoys me. Plus, the used copy of Dragon Age that I have is horribly scratched, yet plays. So I don't know.

I did find a disc resurfacing joint nearby, so I'll take it to that. XD

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I'm sorry Drew...but I needed a coaster and FF13 happened to be within "I-don't-want-to-get-off-the-couch" reach.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Yeah, yeah, yeah, Chozon....

And Nix, I really don't want to chug through 50 hours of RPG again, which I would have to do if I switched to the PS3 version. :P

Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Can someone tell me why Vanille has an accent sometimes and sometimes she doesn't?
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Pretty sure she always does... but do you have examples of when that happens?

Keero
Are you human?: Yes!
Drewsov wrote:Pretty sure she always does... but do you have examples of when that happens?
All the time. She's voiced by Sam Worthington, ya know. >_>
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Drewsov wrote:Pretty sure she always does... but do you have examples of when that happens?
I'm not very far but there were times in the beginning when she's with Hope where she sounds like she speaks perfect english then a few seconds you can hear an accent. I just found it kinda funny.
IBJamon
Site Admin
Site Admin
FFVI is hands down one of my favorite games of all time. It should automatically be on everyone's bucket list. I beat that game three times as a teenager. Back before I had Internet, I even discovered a glitch that gave me tons of very powerful equipment, which was fun. I discovered this on my second playthrough. (Hint: sketch invisible enemies. - save first; it can glitch your save. Only works on the original FFIII US cartridge. I never tried it on an emulator.)

In my mind of best games eva I would always go back and forth between FFVI and Chrono Trigger. FFVI usually won, though only slightly. It's that good.

IBJamon
jester747
Forum Moderator
Spartan_117 wrote:
I'm not very far but there were times in the beginning when she's with Hope where she sounds like she speaks perfect english then a few seconds you can hear an accent. I just found it kinda funny.
That's because it's an ENGLISH ACCENT.

Also, Crisis Core. Nuff' said.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.