Tired of unrealistic women in fighters

For beating people up in games like Street Fighter and Tekken.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
bgpablo
Are you human?: Yes!
I always felt guilty playing as or against a scantily clad woman in game's like Tekken, Soul Calibur or Dead or Alive. I felt even more guilty when my wife would watch me play. There is absolutely no logical reason to fight with that much flesh exposed!

-BG
If a tree falls and no one is there to hear it... well, we can be glad that we're all safe!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
You should see RPG games....
jester747
Forum Moderator
I agree with you considerably. It's getting pathetic. I think the standard should be that anything a female character wears should be practical. Unless, they're attempting to distract the enemy, I see no reason to have such a small amount of clothing.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
bgpablo
I recently got rid of Tekken 6 (PS3) and Soul Calibur 2 (GC, yes the one with Link!). You know, game developers have included gore and language filters, can't somebody put a fully clothed option on and turn off...um...chest.. movement... . They are well aware that children play these games and some audiences who want "clean" game environments. These filters would be easy to make (considering all the character customization/ alternate outfits included these days in fighting games).
Come to think of it, the storylines are getting pretty dark, too.

I think I'll have to send them my ideas over the holidays.

-BG
If a tree falls and no one is there to hear it... well, we can be glad that we're all safe!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Stop being a ninny. You can't force censorship onto game developers because you can't handle it. If you can't handle the games content, don't play it. Those games have ESRB ratings for a reason. If you're not mature enough to stare at a thong wearing, bouncy, fantasized pixel image for your entertainment value, then you shouldn't be playing games at all. The bible has scantily clad women.

It's a fantasy environment, a world where realism is up to the creators. They're just trying to be realistic to the real world. Imposing your thoughts of what reality should be is wrong. Romans 14 man; freedom of the Christian. DON'T YOU READ YOUR BIBLE?

If you can't tell, I'm not being srs face. :P I agree with you one hundred percent...it's entirely demeaning to women to assert that their only value in games is that of being pretty objects of lust. There are a few realistic women in videro games as a whole, let alone fighters, and even the characters having depth are usually sporting a thong or wearing paint as pants. :D
bgpablo
Chozon1 wrote:If you can't tell, I'm not being srs face. :P I agree with you one hundred percent...it's entirely demeaning to women to assert that their only value in games is that of being pretty objects of lust. There are a few realistic women in videro games as a whole, let alone fighters, and even the characters having depth are usually sporting a thong or wearing paint as pants. :D
As I read your reply, I began to smile, thinking of the ensuing debate we would have...then I smiled, because I sensed how ridiculous it was...then I smiled because a Christian can have a sense of humor! So, thanks for the smiles! :D

Funny, I was already studying Romans 13 tonight, so I flipped over the 14 to see the whole passage again - I can think of a few guys that subscribe to the "it's ok to browse the menu, as long as you don't order" type of women ogling. They actually would use such a chapter to support their warped perspectives.

I remember when Nintendo showed off the Zero Suit Samus look - and tearing down every bit of pride that women had for Samus' female protaganist history in the process. At least she's fully clothed, otherwise Brawl would have been considered in the recent exodus of my not-for-the-kids game library.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I was aggravated that they sexualized Samus at all.

Historically, it's no big thing considering the original games had her in a bikini...but the Prime games had completely changed that image.
bgpablo
At least Peach, Daisy, Zelda are all still safely designed. Well, they could venture into other ethnic backgrounds, but I'll leave that up to them.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
bgpablo wrote: You know, game developers have included gore and language filters, can't somebody put a fully clothed option on and turn off...um...chest.. movement...
I don't get it :P
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Sigh,
I wish girls weren't in fighting games at all.
It just feels wrong to attack them,

I guess it's ok with SmashBros,
since it's more like friendy fighting,
and not to the death.
but I will aways fight a guy if I have a choice.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I can relate with that, unmodern and supposedly sexist as it is.

The chivalrous bone in my body sez 'Feels wrong to punch a lady'. XD
Jackhammer
Atleast in Tekken, you could change their clothing to something more appropriate.

If you guys think Tekken is bad, Mortal Kombat could make your head explode X.X
Image Battlefield 3 soldier name: SurvivorX16 OORAH!!
bgpablo
I've sworn off MK games for a while...sooo many issues with those games.
I still remember playing MK II for SNES and my mom watching a news report about the game..."Is that the game you guys are playing?"
She banned the game...and rightly so. That was when I really became cautious of what games I play.
jester747
Forum Moderator
Chozon1 wrote:I can relate with that, unmodern and supposedly sexist as it is.

The chivalrous bone in my body sez 'Feels wrong to punch a lady'. XD
Yeah, I agree completely.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
FamilyFriendlyGaming
You will appreciate this. I was at E3 a few years ago, and playing against a producer of one of the Capcom games. I actually mentioned it to him. I asked for the choice of giving the female characters more clothing. He was pretty shocked that I asked for the choice to cover them up. It was the first time anyone had every told him that.

My advice is everyone is to tell the companies. They are not hearing it - unless it comes from one of us.