Exploring the Bible Through Song

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
UsagiGlen
Noob
Noob
Recently I read Revelation 4 and 5 with another Christian. It was nice. It's God's word. But it wasn't a big deal to us. After talking about it for a bit, I remembered "Revelation Song" and just had to share a link. It turned into kind of a mini-worship time for us after that. We were awed by God's majesty. They said that honestly, they got more out of that song than they did from reading the verses that inspired the song.

I can't figure out the youtube video feature on this forum. I see the "youtube" button but the preview feature just shows it as text. Oh well, here it is in case it actually works:

Anyway, it got me thinking. The power of song definitely can help to stir our hearts and make us sensitive to our Lord. Too often, I think I'm rather unemotional about amazing truths that have the power to change lives. We should be excited about this stuff!

Do any of you have meaningful songs to share which are based on Scripture? Links, lyrics, videos, etc. are quite welcome if on topic. Warning: I'm likely to steal your song/verse pairs and share them with others. Worshipping and studying God's word at the same time with fellow believers is just too good to pass up.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!

Every time I read Ecclesiastes 3 I get this song stuck in my head
UsagiGlen
Noob
Noob
Funny thing, we were reading Ecclesiastes a couple books of the Bible ago. So, not that long ago. :)
EchoDelta
Gamer
Gamer
Yes hopefully this youtube thing works. It's just displaying the text.

Words by Hawk Nelson.

I love this song and listen to it often.

Based on:

Matthew 12:34 & Luke 6:45 - For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

And yes I know Hawk Nelson gets a bad rap these days since their lead singer left and changed their style.
UsagiGlen
Noob
Noob
Cool :) It's an important message to remember, definitely. Maybe after I get some sleep I'll be able to get excited again.

The text in my youtube link switched to a video around the time ccgr posted. I think maybe she fixed it for me.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
here guys :)

https://www.christcenteredgamer.com/php ... f=5&t=9324" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UsagiGlen
Noob
Noob
It was so simple, and yet I needed a tutorial. XD Thanks ccgr. :)
Praise
Noob
Noob
How Great Thou Art is one of my all time favorites. I can look out at nature and just be in awe at His mighty works. He is Great!