Jesus is God

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Nax
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Hey everyone.
I want to give a little study about this doctrine about Jesus Christ is God. This is an important part of the christian doctrine. Why?
Look to Romans 10:9
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
It says here in greek that if you confess that Jesus is God (kurios) and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.
G2962
κύριος
kurios
koo'-ree-os
From κῦρος kuros (supremacy); supreme in authority, that is, (as noun) controller; by implication Mr. (as a respectful title): - God, Lord, master, Sir.
God manifested in flesh and blood. Jehovah himself became human. (1Timothy 3:16, John 1:1 and so forth).
It's not enough to believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God to be saved, you must also believe that Jesus is God manifested in flesh and blood. I quote the Lord Jesus Himself here:
Joh 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
We must believe that Jesus is Jehovah manifested in flesh and blood & that He is the Son of the living God.

Now, there might be questions about this. Let me take up this one then:
Matthew 16:13-20.
Here it might be controversy, but notice whats being said, carefully in v16:
Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God ''. Thou art the Christ '' . Who was this Christ (Messiah)?. We got to go back to the OT.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

This verse should clearify the whole question. It says that he is the mighty God and the everlasting Father. This is who the Messiah is.

Other verses/chapters that says that Jesus is God:
1John 5:20
Romans 9:5 (read the greek in this verse)
2Pe 1:1, 11 (read the greek again)
Rev 1:8,18
Col 1:13-18
Hebrews chapter 1.

Wanted to take this up because, as Dr Walter Martin said: '' The deity of Jesus Christ is one of the cornerstones of Christianity, and as such has been attacked more vigorously throughout the ages than any other single doctrine of the Christian faith. ''. quote: http://www.waltermartin.com/jehwit.html#diety .
We must be defenders of our faith. I salute you all with this:
Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amen!
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Well said. Most who reject the idea can't wrap their heads around the idea that a man could be God, as it is rather contradictory to the Christian Faith. However, Christ wasn't a man. He was God taking corporeal form as a man, I guess. Technically.

Mind if I chime in?

[Insert witty afterthought here]
Nax
Noob
Noob
ScotchRobbins wrote:Well said. Most who reject the idea can't wrap their heads around the idea that a man could be God, as it is rather contradictory to the Christian Faith. However, Christ wasn't a man. He was God taking corporeal form as a man, I guess. Technically.

Mind if I chime in?

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
In likeness of sinful flesh. He was without sinful nature and sin.
1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
So he was a man without sinful nature and sin.
John 17:5(KJV) And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
Now the Lord is glorified with the glory he had with the Father before the world was.

Amazing how awesome the Lord is!
Praise Him!!!!!!
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
A man without sinful nature is a man only by species, for all men (women, and a few children) have sinned, and thus, fallen short of the glory.

So Jesus was an ambassador?
[Insert witty afterthought here]
Nax
Noob
Noob
I believe that the Lord was the last adam (1Corinthians 15:45, 47).
The Lord was a man (human) by species yes. He could feel cold, worm, hungry, and had weaknesses as we do. He was 100% God and man i believe.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
The Word is The Truth. That's all I got to say.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami