I have a confession

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
CountKrazy
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
Drewsov wrote:EVERYTHING
Tigerwolf
Noob
Noob
i like the nasv
but i am curantly using the new oxford annotated bible college edition
(new revised standard version with the apocrypha)
thelegend2004
Noob
Noob
The most unabridged English translation is the New American Standard Bible. It has the most literal translation and is based on a comparison of 10,000's of manuscripts. Our understanding of the original languages had grown exponentialy by the time of this work.
blind illusion
Noob
Noob
Honestly, me neither, but I try
blind illusion
Noob
Noob
I try and read like 5 minutes or 10 a night, so its in easy chunks, its not so overwhelming that way.
CaptainMarquiel
Noob
Noob
4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4 You never finish reading the Bible because every time you read it you will find more in the words spoken to you.
Esssence
Noob
Noob
If you are just wanting to read the bible straight through and are not finding it very interesting or hard to understand, try an online version, especially a reading plan using the Easy to Read Version. When you are at the beginning, it's best to start with something as close to ordinary language as possible.

I read through the bible this year and a reading plan helped a lot. Bible apps are a great way too. You can get the days reading sent to your phone or computer.

Here's one you could use.

http://www.biblegateway.com/reading-pla ... ersion=NIV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's an example of 'easy to read'.

Matthew 23:1-22

A Warning Against Hypocrisy

23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4 They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

5 “Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries[a] wide and the tassels on their garments long; 6 they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; 7 they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others.

8 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.
Djents
Noob
Noob
I need to read the whole thing through too. I've read probably all of the new testament, and a majority of the old testament. I've read Genesis, Exodus, 1 and 2 Samuel, some of 1 and 2 Kings, all of the Prophets I think.. Esther, A lot of the Psalms. Joshua. I got all of these out of order!
BigBrother
Noob
Noob
There is a guy by the name of Brian Harding that started reading the bible in a one year format back in 2006. He records himself reading them daily and posts them on-line for others to listen to. He switches translations once a week. This year is his 9th year reading through the bible in this format. His web site says his posts have been downloaded over 64 million times since 2006 and this is his 9th time reading through the bible in this format.

I started listening to the DAB (Daily Audio Bible) in 2011. I love reading through the bible with Brian. His intonation (sp) may take a bit of getting used to at first, but this program has really helped me to understand really what each book in the bible is really all about.

Unfortunately, the closest I've ever come to finishing his annual program is the middle of Nov. I think it's the holidays that just get me totally out of whack with my schedule. One of these days I'll finish, though. :)

http://dailyaudiobible.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;